Dodge Dart Forum - Forums and Owners Club! SRT Viper Forum

Go Back   Dodge Dart Forum - Forums and Owners Club! > Dodge Dart Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Dart Problems, Complaints, and Solutions > Dodge Dart Electrical Problems and Questions

Notices

Dodge Dart Electrical Problems and Questions Discuss any Dodge Dart electrical problems in this forum. Lighting, stereo, power windows, etc.

Old 11-11-2013, 12:14 AM
Dodge Dart Forum Senior Member!

bb0204 is on a distinguished road
Default Auto Headlights not working

Turned my car on tonight and my headlights didn't turn on. Had the adjuster knob on "auto" and had to turn it to the "on" position for the headlights to come on. Anyone else have this problem? Gonna wait till tomorrow night if it happens again then I'll call the dealership.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:26 PM

david5525 is on a distinguished road

This should be in the Help zone, not the custom zone. Sorry to hear about your trouble. I haven't heard of anyone else with this problem but maybe someone will chime in. Mine turn on sometimes when I go into a shadowed area on the road. Gets a little annoying cause the dash lights go dim so you can't see them. Hope you get yours working as it is a nice feature.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:35 AM
Dodge Dart Forum Member

bones007 is on a distinguished road

The problem I had when I first purchased the car was I thought the lights were coming on too late . The sun would almost be setting before the lights would come on. Coming from a Chevy malibu that car the lights would come on if the sun went behind the clouds.... not really but they would come on way before sunset. But now after a few months the car lights come on sooner than when new, maybe the light sensor had to calibrate a few times? Maybe your light sensor has failed?
Old 12-29-2013, 07:48 PM
Dodge Dart Forum Newbie

epersons is on a distinguished road
Default Headlight not coming on in auto w/auto dim on

Twice in the last month my headlight have failed to come on. When switched from auto to on, they work. Turning off car and retrying did not help. Both occurances have been after using remote start. I let it sit for 2 hours (I was at home) and it worked as advertised.

I have also noticed that if the Dodge logo does not come up on the touch screen immediately on starting the navigation is inop and the steering wheel and seat heaters are inop also.

With every high tech toy except block heater, I guess I should ecpect quirks, but I would like to keep them to a minimum.

I've had the car since August. It was born in Jun and even these gremlins aren't enough to make me turn on my baby. This is sort of spitup on my shoulder, you don't like it but babies do that.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:16 PM

david5525 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the baby visual. Sounds like it is related to the remote start. Maybe when you remote start I know you have to put the key in for the car to go into gear and drive but I wonder if these other systems are also overided by this start up sequence. If Dodge doesn't have an explination maybe experiment by cycling the ignition off then restart your Dart before driving after a remote start up? Super smart car could be having a stupid moment? It shouldn't be doing these things though. Hope you get it figured out and fixed.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:00 AM
Dodge Dart Forum Newbie

LauraKBe is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the info. My car is doing exactly that with the headlights and I did use the remote start. I have also noticed the nav problem. I do love my car though.
Old 01-18-2014, 02:52 AM
Dodge Dart Forum Member

DDD113 is on a distinguished road

Have you guys checked the lights feature on the ucomect screen on the settings adjustment? Perhaps something got turned off there.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:51 PM
Dodge Dart Forum Newbie

Dadslice is on a distinguished road

My car has done the same thing. Took it to the dealer who couldn't find any problems. And since it only does it once in a while, I can understand nothing found. But my car has quite a few electrical gremlins. Figure sooner or later they will cause major issue and dealer will find once it comes off the back of a tow truck.
Old 05-23-2014, 01:51 AM
Dodge Dart Forum Member

Dennis004 is an unknown quantity at this point

And once its off Warranty, the dealer will find it easily and with a high cost to you!!!!
Old 06-05-2014, 05:08 PM
Dodge Dart Forum Newbie

Dadslice is on a distinguished road

Nope! I bought the Lifetime Warrantee on this puppy! I plan on keeping it until it turns into rust! Only $100 deductible if anything happens to it.

And as for the headlight issue. I was told that the auto high beams won't work under a certain speed, because the car was designed by the French and that's the way it is over there! Can you believe that?! I haven't had a chance to actually try it, but I think he's right.