Dodge Dart Forums banner

center console lid immobilization

7K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Abarguy 
#1 ·
First post, hello dart community!

Of all the features on my new dart, the feature i hate the most is that the center console lid shifts forward with very little pressure applied. It has knocked over several drinks in the cup holders.

Does anyone find this as terrible as I do?

Has anyone looked into installing a latch, or just outright immobilizing the lid?

#2 ·
Haven't had it spill any drinks yet. Knock on wood. Mine feels like it has a pretty secure stowed point. I have to give it a pretty good bump forward to get it to move. I haven't looked to see how it works or if it is adjustable or lockable. My complaint would be the loss of the rear cup holder when it is in the forward position.

#5 ·
No No No. There are the 2 cup holders infront of the armrest. The rear of the 2 is covered when the armrest is forward. Thats probably the one you have that tall 24oz. road pop in.:cool: I looked at mine last night and could see there are 2 slide rods but couldn't see the detents or the mecanism that holds it in the 2 positions. I could tell that depending on the seat position, say if the seat was back or reclined enough it would be easy for an elbow to bump it forward. My comfort zone puts my elbow more ontop in the center. I do like it forward though because it is more comfortable for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.