Dodge Dart Forums banner

Shift knobs

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  david5525 
#1 ·
Good afternoon everyone!

Has anyone had any luck swapping out the shift knobs on the manual tranny cars?

I have always been one to put a custom knob of sorts on what ever car I am driving. I'm fond of the bakelite style 2" round ones with something custom embedded. (I have a good contact for custom shift knobs).

Below are a few of the ones I have had.

this was was in the Honda CR-Z that I traded for the Dart

This is the one that is in the wife's Daytona

This one was in my '10 Ram 1500 Crew Cab

I want to do something similar for the Dart. Anyone know how to take off the factory knob? Does it act similar to those on the Ram and Chargers where you just need to pry apart where it clips together and lift it straight off? is it threaded on or is it some sort of compression fitting?

thanks

Exco

See less See more
#2 ·
I was able to find out how to remove the OEM knob. I haven't actually done it yet, but following these instructions should make it pretty easy.

I found a MOPAR shift knob that is better than the original one, but it's still not quite custom enough for what I want to do. It's also insanely priced :doh:

I will update once I've tried to pull the OEM knob off. I will also try to take a few pics. I think once I know what I'm dealing with, I will be better able to come up with a game plan.

Exco

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.