Oil (Lack of) - Page 2 - Dodge Dart Forum - Forums and Owners Club!
Dodge Dart Forum - Forums and Owners Club!  

Go Back   Dodge Dart Forum - Forums and Owners Club! > Dodge Dart Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Dart Problems, Complaints, and Solutions > Dodge Dart Mechanical Problems and Questions
Dodge Dart Forum

Notices

Dodge Dart Mechanical Problems and Questions Discuss any Dodge Dart mechanical problems in this forum. Engine, trans, supension, defects etc.

Old 09-26-2015, 06:21 PM
Dodge Dart Forum Newbie

billyp is on a distinguished road

So an update about the oil consumption on my car the dealer replaced the pcv valve as instructed by chrysler the first 500 miles were fine the 2nd check at 1000 miles it had burned a qrt was topped off and the 3rd check at 1500 miles it had consumed another 1.5 qrts I have to go back another 2 times before they do anything further. What a joke
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2016, 02:24 PM
Dodge Dart Forum Newbie

Bobk71 is on a distinguished road

The problem with the oil consumption is actually far different than what any one on here has been told or posted in just took mine to the dealer and found out dodge knows about the problem it is actually a manufacturer problem with the engine while being assembled as the pistons are being inserted the rings are having pieces come off and as your engine runs it scores the cylinder walls causing oil to blow by so not only is our cars losing oil but we are also putting out more pollutants from the oil burning. The fix for mine they said they are going to replace the engine but I need to check the oil level constantly this sound to me like putting a band aid on a gun shot wound how am I supposed to feel safe with my 16 year old daughter driving a car that shuts off when the oil is low if this happens on a highway she could get seriously hurt or worse and all they are going to do is replace the engine as it doesn't fall into a lemon law until it haves 3 times so this is the first time at 9100 miles let's see how long this engine lasts
Old 05-23-2016, 01:36 AM
Dodge Dart Forum Newbie

whitedart13 is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, I changed my oil today and i noticed that there was not very much oil that came out at all, i am running amsoil. This is my second oil change that i did personally and last time i also noticed not very much oil, I forgot to keep checking it since i normally change it every 3k religiously since i commute for work it didnt take very long at all to get to that.
Old 06-02-2016, 12:26 PM
Dodge Dart Forum Newbie

Dadslice is on a distinguished road

My 2014 Dart GT is going thru oil too. I complained to the dealer, who is the only one to ever service my car and they told me a quart every thousand is considered as normal, and have a nice day! Then they told me my oil pan gasket shows signs of leakage and they want to replace it under warranty. Problem with that is I park in a pristine garage have no oil drops on my floor. So I told them no. But I agree that these cars have a problem with oil consumption.
Old 08-09-2016, 02:14 AM
Dodge Dart Forum Member

Abarguy is on a distinguished road

Just started noticing oil consumption in my 1.4. Sounds like I need to start charting it. Thanks for the updates.
Old 05-06-2017, 03:44 PM
Dodge Dart Forum Newbie

AlannahSophiaaa is on a distinguished road

I can't believe it......I had the same exact issue that you did. But mine is an automatic @ 48,000 miles. I replaced the engine, which I'm lucky that I found a 14 with 1,832 miles on it for 1100 bucks with a 2 year warranty. The dealership totally f'd me over. I gave them receipts as well, they still wouldn't warranty it. I went through absolute hell. They told me I had no oil in mine too, before they picked it up it had plenty of oil in it. My 3rd cylinder misfired, the electrode broke off the bottom of the spark plug and blew out the valve in the cylinder. I pursued lawyers and all that jazz but got nowhere.

I spoke to one of my friends that works at a Dodge dealership and he told me that the 1.4 engine consumes 1 qt of oil every 1000 miles. Which is asinine, the engineers that came up with this engine should probably be fired lmao. Who the hell makes a motor, knowing it goes through oil like that and not make sure that the customer is aware of it. Just never made sense to me. I've had turbo issues ever since the motor swap. I've exhausted all my options.
Advertisement

Tags
oil

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Dart Forum - Forums and Owners Club! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Note: If your email address requires someone to click a link before they can send you email, DO NOT REGISTER WITH IT as no one is here to click the link and you will never get your activation email!
We have banned MANY Free email providers.
If you get notice that your email address is banned when you try to sign up, it is because its been banned due to spammers using the provider, or too many members bouncing emails we send back to us via the free provider! If this happens to you, you will need to use a different email. If you do not provide a valid email address you will not receive your activation email. We recommend that you register with an email address which is attached to your ISP! Not a free service! We have found that using free accounts causes you to not receive your registration email. In any case, you should add DodgeDartForumZ.com to your spam filter whether using a free account or your ISP account. If you bounce email to us, you will have your account deleted and your IP address banned!

Email Address:
Select your Sex! (Lots! is not an option!)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.