Dodge Dart Forums banner

Tire pressure light on

12K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Abarguy 
#1 ·
Does anyone else have a tire pressure light on when you are above 2000 miles? Iv had my 2013 dodge dart 1.4L Multiair Turbo for a couple months and I have over 2000 miles on it and the tire pressure light is on. I checked all the tires and they are filled up and fine. I don't know if it's the colder weather or if the tires are defective. I have the khumo tires

#2 ·
Do you have the small digital display in the middle of you dash or the full display? Both are controlled by thumb buttons on the left side of the steering wheel. If you scroll through the different screens there is a screen that shows the tire pressure in each tire. If you don't have either of these displays and only have a warning light then you are stuck relying on a hand held pressure gage. You may have a defective pressure sensor in one of your tires which would be warrenty or you could be using a pressure gage that isn't accurate, most aren't by the way. It only takes a couple pounds of pressure drop to trigger the warning and with cooler weather tire pressures are dropping from what they were in the summer. I have noticed that mine are down a couple PSI from what I had them set at a month ago.
If you change the pressure in any of your tires, don't expect the warning to go away emediately. It takes a little bit for it to update itself.

#4 ·
what PSI did they come on at? mine is on and keeps telling me to fill them to 38PSI. i do not want 38PSI and keep mine relatively low around 34PSI. but the cold air has made the two front tires deflat to 30-32 and the light came on even though driving them makes the pressure go up to 34-36 the light remains on. ill fill them later when it stops raining,lol.

#5 ·
I think the sticker in the door jam say 33-34 cold for the 17" tires. I have been running my rears at 34 and fronts at 36. Whhen they warm up on the highway they are at 36-39psi.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.