Dodge Dart Forums banner

New toy

9K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Excoastie 
#1 ·
I bought a new toy last week. The rain has been killing me...

Just a lil Sportster... what Harley calls the SuperLow... XL883L

It's having another seat put on it today. They ordered the wrong parts, so it'll be tomorrow before I get it back.

Exco

See less See more
#4 ·
I was expecting a lot of vibration as well, but it surprised me. It's a lot smoother than the Kawi I had as my last bike. I know that HD over the past 5 yrs or so has been doing a lot to smooth things out, and from I have seen they've been successful.

I like the 2-up seats better, I don't know, it could just be my "old school" mentality.

Here are a couple of pics after the 2-up OEM seat install

I'm thinking about swapping out the OEM seat with a Mustang seat... I've heard real good things about them... though they are pricey

Exco

#5 ·
I think that I have the bike about how I want it, at least for now. I've added a Memphis Shades El Paso windshield, and a storage bag behind the seat.

I still want to add some highway pegs for when I"m cruising on the interstate, and I also want to get a throttle lock for those times when I just want to rest my hand. I currently have a Cramp Buster which works well, but the throttle lock is better.

They all cost money, which isn't really in the budget, so a little at a time

Exco

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.