Dodge Dart Forums banner

Major Dart Turbo Problem

14K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Bkorb 
#1 ·
How can 2 2013 Dodge Darts Both have the same problems?

I have a 2013 Dodge Dart Limited & a Mopar'13. The Mopar'13 has been having power problems since I purchased it. Every time I have taken it to the dealer they have told me nothing was wrong and talked to me like I stupid. It took me some 3 years of time with videos and a new scan tool but I was able to find out what the problem is. It seems Dodge limits what gets written to the ECU(Mode 3). My turbo just randomly cuts out with no check engine light or record of the problem. If I scan for a code without turning the car off when I loos the turbo in ECU (Mode 7) I get a P0299 Turbocharger/Supercharger "A" Underboost Condition. Seems Mode 7 is Pending codes in previous and current driving cycles. Mode 3 is pending driving cycle.

When this problem happens if I turn off the car let it sit for a few & start it back up the problem is gone. Sometimes I would not have a problem for a week or even a few months. The only true indication I got this was happening was the cruse control would turn off or would not go on. Now in the Mopar'13 you know right away I had a problem because of all the shifting I would have to do. But, in the (automatic) you will have a harder time picking up on this problem. I don't drive my Limited (automatic) that much until recently because the Mopar'13 has been in the shop for the last 3 weeks. So I just had the Limited do the same thing, who knows how long this problem has been going on in this car. I never pick up on it nor did anyone else who drives it because of no check engine light.

So all of you with Turbos & complaining of Turbo Lag. Turn on the cruse control look at the light indicating the cruse control is ready for use. You don't need to use the cruse just turn it on. If it just shuts off or cruse control shuts down on you while you are driving, you might have the same problem.

Now I know some of you will say there is a service bulletin about the cruse control shutting off. Well sorry my car does not fall into this category.

See less See more
#2 ·
Yeah, there are more than 1 kind of codes. Ones that turn on the CEL and ones that don't turn it on but may turn on others like the ABS, ESP/BAS codes. They are called advanced codes and you need something else to read/clear them since they don't apply to CELs.

#4 ·

I have a 2013 Dodge Dart Limited & a Mopar'13. The Mopar'13 has been having power problems since I purchased it. Every time I have taken it to the dealer they have told me nothing was wrong and talked to me like I stupid. It took me some 3 years of time with videos and a new scan tool but I was able to find out what the problem is. It seems Dodge limits what gets written to the ECU(Mode 3). My turbo just randomly cuts out with no check engine light or record of the problem. If I scan for a code without turning the car off when I loos the turbo in ECU (Mode 7) I get a P0299 Turbocharger/Supercharger "A" Underboost Condition. Seems Mode 7 is Pending codes in previous and current driving cycles. Mode 3 is pending driving cycle.

When this problem happens if I turn off the car let it sit for a few & start it back up the problem is gone. Sometimes I would not have a problem for a week or even a few months. The only true indication I got this was happening was the cruse control would turn off or would not go on. Now in the Mopar'13 you know right away I had a problem because of all the shifting I would have to do. But, in the (automatic) you will have a harder time picking up on this problem. I don't drive my Limited (automatic) that much until recently because the Mopar'13 has been in the shop for the last 3 weeks. So I just had the Limited do the same thing, who knows how long this problem has been going on in this car. I never pick up on it nor did anyone else who drives it because of no check engine light.

So all of you with Turbos & complaining of Turbo Lag. Turn on the cruse control look at the light indicating the cruse control is ready for use. You don't need to use the cruse just turn it on. If it just shuts off or cruse control shuts down on you while you are driving, you might have the same problem.

Now I know some of you will say there is a service bulletin about the cruse control shutting off. Well sorry my car does not fall into this category.

Any update to this? I am having the same exact problem's as described above. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

#6 ·

Any update to this? I am seeing the exact same issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.