Dodge Dart Forums banner

What will you be Customizing?

What will you be customizing?

23K views 30 replies 19 participants last post by  gofisa 
#1 · (Edited)
What is the number 1 thing you plan on putting most of your money into 'customizing' the car to be yours.

Engine/drive-train mods (all parts from headers to exhaust tips)

Exterior Body Work (bumper to bumper)

Wheels/Rims

Suspension

Audio/Video

Lighting/LED Illumination (includes under-body glow)

Interior Mods (from changing out seats to fiber glassing your personal dash)

#3 ·
Yeah. most people touch a bit of everything.. but i'm curious on what most people will touch. me personally.. i already bought all my underglow stuff and have invested a HUGE chunk of change for it. So all the lighting is what i'll be doing to mine. I will drop the car, get new rims (if i dont like the ones on there) and at most CAI with a cool sounding BOV. besides that. Interior i'll go as custom as far as lighting again and audio. truck will be full of audio. ima go ham and make this into a nice everyrider/shower. :)

#4 ·
Actually, I may end up waiting on aftermarket go-mods. I think it looks pretty good from the pics that I've seen. The interior looks awesome so I may not mess with that either. Maybe rims and tires, that's as far as I've thought about it.

#6 ·
I'm in for more HP, then the suspension to put it on the pavement.

I'm a less is more kind of guy. I don't like when you look at a car from a mile away and say wow look at that (insert random car part) and think wow WTF did they do that for. What I love is when you look at a car, see those subtle changes and think how did they do that.

My rules of thumb (not limited to these and probably will make some people mad...)

If it looks like it came out of a JC Whitney catalog (ie. stick on chrome fuel door cover); I personally will most likely hate it.
If it is stuck on with 3m sticky tape and colored some flashy, outlandish bright color; I'll probably hate it.
If it looks like it will be on the cover of a magazine devoted to a mid 90's honda car show at the local WalMart; you guessed it, I'll probably hate it. I think I just don't like when people "customize" something just to customize it and end up ruining it.

Now there are some very smart and creative people out there that will always do some amazing things with their cars visually. I'm sure they will surface in the Dart community in the next couple of years.

#7 ·
I voted lighting. Engine stuff's not real important...already have a money sucking gas hog of an SRT....this car is all about saving some money and fuel. Wheels/suspension are a definite maybe for the future, but again, looking to save money not spend it. So lighting seemed the obvious first mod, after tint of course. :)

#8 ·
I'm will probably make sure the engine is on point first. Last time around I made the mistake of just getting a Charger, I ended up with the 2.7L and had nothing as far as get up and go. This time around, I will cut my loses and get my go on and my show on. I'll probably go overboard again and customize everything from lights to sound and have a DD/Show car.

#10 ·
mods

The first thing I want to do is play with the turbo and see exactly how much power the factory turbo is capable of. Once I max that out, I will probably look into upgrading the intercooler, then look into a larger turbo.

The suspesion handles pretty good as is ( Ive already taken a 90 deg turn at 80+ MPH and the Dart LOVED it!!!)

I will probably do some cosmetic improvements, but for me its more about the "go" than the "show"

#11 · (Edited)
I'll do alittle of everything mostly bolt on basics as far as "go" mods go since no big go mods will be available until probably '14+.. As far as everything else, halos, coilovers, interior lights changed to leds, underglow lights, some ambient lighting in the area where the pedals are (can't think of the name of it to save my life), and debadge except for R/T badges

#15 ·
I think we will see several "Go" mods become available alot sooner than you guys are thinking.
When I say go mods I'm talking more than the basic bolt ons.. Its so hard to crack the PCM on 2011+ cars so it will be awhile before any turbo setups or anything will get released because you have to crack the PCM to tune it for the turbo I'm probably going to just keep the r/t until the srt4 is released (Q1 2014 from what I hear?) And than trade in for it and go from there

#18 ·
Nope, the Arrington's pcm/harness swap is already going on and proven. I was at their shop last year where they had a Challenger with a SC they had done. There is also another company that will take a replacement pcm and put a tune on it but they are limited to the tuning. This is dealing with the code being broke. I heard it from 2 different people but I take it as a rumor until proven true.

#20 ·
Factory handling is INSANE not touching. Like big MPG numbers ( maybe cai ). I'm thinking interior: sliding tray under drivers seat for my .45, 50ish strategically placed component leds (kinda dark except controls), red panels on steering wheel @ 3 & 9 o'clock positions, red stripes where gray currently resides on seats. Already "smoked" wheels. 20% window tint. 300 programmable underbody & backlite wheel leds (did on 2011 Challenger). "killer glass" radiator hose. that completes stage 1. I'll be postin pics.

#23 ·
Probably more "show" mods than "go" mods...I'm hesitant to mess with the engine/drivetrain in case it reduces my mpgs. I'd like to just dress up the interior a bit...I'm really happy with the appearance of the exterior that's why I got the Ralleye trim level. I might pc the wheels gloss black down the road and a slight suspension drop. Def looking for a K&N drop in filter though.

#24 ·
Def engine. Simply because it has a turbo...and with turbo is a myriad of power waiting to be unlocked! haha how cliché sounding ;)

#26 ·
With Michigan roads being like they are (horrible) I will be looking for exterior protective products that are classy and functional. Nose bra, side moldings maybe nose wind screen to protect windshield. You wouldn't believe how many windshields I've replaced over the past two years.

#27 ·
The top 4 for me, but I could only select one.

#29 ·
The wife and i plan to put on dual black racing strips on the car (she promised me june for this)... we also want the front chin spoiler and side sills... we also have decided on doing the rear air diffuser, spash guards, door sill guards, turn signal mirrors and maybe and ambient lighting kit. We dont plan on doing anything with the motor at this point...maybe after our 6 year 85k mile warranty expires, not sure

#30 ·
I'm really not looking at doing to much to mine. I really bought this because I like the MPG listed. I am going to tint the windows and maybe do a rear spoiler but other than that the only thing I am considering is trying to do something to get rid of the turbo lag (if there is a good solution).

#31 · (Edited)
Hi. Everyone has their own investments. For example, I came across Blog.Switchere.com. As it turns out, this is a very interesting and really informative Cryptocurrency Blog. I used to think that you can only invest in company stocks, gold or oil. But after I got acquainted with this blog, I realized that cryptocurrency is also a good investment. The main thing here is to understand how and what to buy, at what point to sell cryptocurrency. Guys, do you have such experience? Share?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.