Dodge Dart Forums banner

Did I pick the wrong color?

9K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  david5525 
#1 ·
Living on a dirt road is going to be the death of me:confused:. I love how a black car looks. The Dart is no exception. I love mine and how it looks especially right after washing it. Problem is I have to at least rince and wipe it down about every other day to keep it looking good. Because you have to look good. I am also on well water which is hard an full of minerals meaning if I don't wipe it down right after the rince the water spots look worse than the dust I just rinced. I might try using the leaf blower to give it the car wash air dry effect:).

#2 ·
You could always plasti dip your entire car...lots of other people are doing it more and more. The total car kit is $300 (3 gallon kit) and comes in like 10+ different colors. Much easier to maintain than regular paint...just a thought.

#3 ·
I had no luck using the leaf blower drying the car. I know a lot of people don't like these but I use a silicon squeegee to get the bulk of the water off my car and then a large microfiber towel as I have the same issue with the water. I also bought a camper water filter from Walmart that screws onto the faucet before the hose. Not sure it helps but it makes me feel better.

#5 ·
#7 ·
The dealership I bought my Dart from put this thing called a Xzilon coating on the car. This stuff is amazing. After a rain the car dries spottless and has a fresh from the wash shine to it. The dirt and road grime doesn't stick. You can wash it like normal, it doesn't distort the paint, and it can be waxed but is not required. I was skeptical when they first told me about it, but after seeing it first hand, I'm sold.

http://www.xzilon.com/

#8 ·
Oh hell yeah, xzilon is the shiznit!! I had it put on my charger for a cool 1 grand, but just didn't bother with the Dart. That stuff is amazing your car will always look clean.

#13 ·
I found a California duster at a garage sale last year. It was still in the original packaging and came with a mini duster. Think I payed $10 for it. It works really good, I just feel kind of stupid doing it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.