removed resonator - Dodge Dart Forum - Forums and Owners Club!
Dodge Dart Forum - Forums and Owners Club!  

Go Back   Dodge Dart Forum - Forums and Owners Club! > Dodge Dart Forum - Performance and Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Dart > Dodge Dart Performance Mods - Engine - 1.4L Turbo > Exhaust Mods
Dodge Dart Forum

Notices

Old 06-22-2014, 12:20 AM
Dodge Dart Forum Senior Member!

Blastoiise is on a distinguished road
Unhappy removed resonator

so i went to a shop and had my resonator removed. hoping i would hear a noticeable difference in exhaust sound. paid 100$ to remove it and install a stainless steel pipe in its place.

it sounds exactly the same.. its not louder at all. i heard it was suposto give you like 20% gain in noise and give a deeper louder growl. so that was wasted money..

so i guess the next step is to get a magnaflow muffler?? since mufflers are required on cars.

what would you recommend??
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2014, 02:16 PM

Jhussey is on a distinguished road

I removed the resonator and muffler. I'm running straight pipe from the down pipe all the way back. I'm not sure where you live, but mufflers are not required if the decibel level is under a certain number, and with a turbo car they almost always are.
2013 Dart Aero. Injen intercooler piping and intake. Custom catback exhaust. Go Fast Bits DV+ diverter kit. Forge diverter plate. Aeroforce gauge and Autometer boost gauge with A-Pillar mounting. GReddy front mount intercool -custom install.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2014, 05:32 PM

a muffler is not only for decible level. it is also for emmesions. from my understanding every car MUST have a muffler.
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2014, 07:13 PM

david5525 will become famous soon enough

I think the catylitic convertor handles the emissions. But the muffler is part of that system and would be required to pass a physical inspection of the system. Wa state likes to pull that on you if there is a question on whether you have modified it or not. If they finf it modified they deny you tabs until it is restored and inspected. What does the resonator do? Is it just a baffle or pre-muffler in the exhaust system?
Old 06-23-2014, 02:55 AM

its like a baffler before the muffler. it makes the car make less noise.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:30 AM

david5525 will become famous soon enough

That sucks you didn't get the effect you were looking for. Hope you can find a combination that gets you to that elusive tone.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:04 PM

maybe a cherry bomb?? or a thrust muffler
Old 07-13-2014, 07:25 PM

Jhussey is on a distinguished road

There are no emission tests in my state lucky me, the muffler does not affect emissions anyway. It does what it's name implies, muffles the sound coming from the engine. The catalytic converters help control the emissions. Depending on where you have the car tested they may or may not care if it has a muffler. The DOT guidelines state that if the decibel level of the car is above a certain level, as determined on a state by state level, then a muffler MAY be required to bring vehicle noise into compliance.
2013 Dart Aero. Injen intercooler piping and intake. Custom catback exhaust. Go Fast Bits DV+ diverter kit. Forge diverter plate. Aeroforce gauge and Autometer boost gauge with A-Pillar mounting. GReddy front mount intercool -custom install.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Dart Forum - Forums and Owners Club! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Note: If your email address requires someone to click a link before they can send you email, DO NOT REGISTER WITH IT as no one is here to click the link and you will never get your activation email!
We have banned MANY Free email providers.
If you get notice that your email address is banned when you try to sign up, it is because its been banned due to spammers using the provider, or too many members bouncing emails we send back to us via the free provider! If this happens to you, you will need to use a different email. If you do not provide a valid email address you will not receive your activation email. We recommend that you register with an email address which is attached to your ISP! Not a free service! We have found that using free accounts causes you to not receive your registration email. In any case, you should add DodgeDartForumZ.com to your spam filter whether using a free account or your ISP account. If you bounce email to us, you will have your account deleted and your IP address banned!

Email Address:
Select your Sex! (Lots! is not an option!)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.