Dodge Dart Forums banner

poor gas miliage brand new dodge dart

6K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  tahoe 
#1 ·
I purchased a brand new 2013 dodge dart ralley and it gets poor gas miliage nowhere close to the advertised miliage. I have 327 miles on my car and I know mpg gets worse with more miles added. Has anyone else experienced this same issue and if so doea dodge fix it? I'm guessing they don't since I have contacted them and was told I got what I paid for. Well I've paid $500 for a car and got better gas miliage. The dodge dart isn't impressive at all when it comes to mpg

#4 ·
gotta let everything break in my man. mine was down near 26- 29 now im at 11k mileage and im averaging 32- 36. I have 1.4 turbo with 6 speed manual and highway I have gotten 42 going around 60 - 70 mph

#5 ·
Yes my first tank was 28mpg, now I'm getting avg of 32 i noticed a big difference after 700 miles, sometimes I'm getting over 40mpg indicated but i like to romp on it as it puts a smile on my face.. I've found the computer to be fairly accurate. cheer up you will get better! I'm well happy and thats coming from a civic avg 32 mpg which i sold for $1500.. my new car is in a different league :)

#6 ·
Gas mileage has not ever been a problem with my Dart. Quality in engineering, design, and workmanship or lack there of, is the real problem with my DART. This car looks and drives great but has so many problems early on, that I have not seen in other brands with over 150,000 miles on the clock. My dart has 17,000 easy miles on it , it looks showroom new, but I have had the blower motor go bad at 6,000 miles, cooling system leaks that took Chrysler 3 tries to fix, I had to tell them where and how to find the leak. the radio speaker rattled and they told me the cone paper in the speaker was brittle already and the replaced the speaker. I was also told by the smart assed service manager that I got what I paid for. My reply was..... I think not. I think a sticker price of 23,000 is not a cheap price for this so-called "great car". Hyundai and Kia have more quality at a lesser price than Chrysler from the top to the bottom of their line up. The reputation of the Dart is in the tubes, as it appears to be a modern day Edsel

#7 ·
Gas Mileage?

Well CRAPOLA! All these negative reports about poor gas mileage, poor quality, poor this, poor that.......Makes me wonder if I should buy a Dart! My last Dart was in 1971, had a 318 in it, lasted 11 years, had close to 300,000 miles on it and never gave me a problem. Maybe I should reconsider the Honda I was looking at, or even the Toyota!:confused:

#8 ·
My 2014 GT has a 2.4 and i get 38MPG on the HWY and when i drive normal in city i get over 28. and i drive a little aggressivly. the dart is a great car. the handling from the GT is nearly outmatched by the competition. UNLESS you go with the ST/Si/STI/EVO.

the mileage gets better with miles not worse. who ever told you that is foolish.

#9 ·
Not exactly sure what the mileage is. I do quick and dirty computations, figure HWY is about 32-35 but I also drive about 70-80 mph. Either way it beats the 2011 Nitro at 20 mpg/HWY that it replaced, and my '78 Jeep CJ5 at 15 mpg/HWY. Either way my wife and I are happy. I drive about 60 miles round trip to work 5 days/week and with the Nitro I was filling up twice a week easy. The Dart is good for a week to a week and a half if I drive the limit plus/minus ya know.

Never had a small car before and this Dart is a blast to drive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.