Dodge Dart Forums banner

Nicks in paint

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Dennis004 
#1 ·
Didn't even have my car a whole month, and the State of PA decided to tar and chip a main road. So I...being cautious for my new car drove towards the center of the road where there were no chips when a rig decided to barrela$$ down the road...now have a chip in my hood, 2 on my Drivers mirror, and 2 on the nose (drivers side). Why would you tar and chip a main road (route 309)????? Bastards!!!!

#2 ·
Dude, I am sorry to here that!:mad: That really sucks. They do that around where I live too. They call it chip sealing. They poor down liquid asphalt sprinkle it with sharp crushed gravel then post speed signs that say loose gravel/35mpg. Know one slows down. I try to find a different way to go for about a week.

#3 ·
Get some touch paint, cover the chips, let it dry 24 hours, then get a mothers show time kit, it comes with spray, two clay bars, and a buffing cloth ( about $20 at Auto Zone). Use the spray to cover the repaired spots, and spray the clay bars in the kit and rub over the repaired spots, then buff with the polishing cloth, this will blend your repair and make it smooth and hardly noticeable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.