Dodge Dart Forums banner

Forge diverter valve

9K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Jhussey 
#1 ·
I know this is a popular item, so I'm surprised there isn't a thread here about it. Well I'll make one. I love this little $90 valve. It gives the car that much sought-after blow off valve sound with little to no effort to install. I purchased mine from Modern Performance and let me say I love those guys. They ship fast and are right there if you have any questions. Two thumbs up for this product! Get it if you don't have one!

#4 · (Edited)
Remove the clamp for the intake tube at the turbo and move the tube aside to give yourself some room to access the bottom allen screw. If you have an aftermarket intake you wont need to do this.

Unplug the diverter valve's electric plug then unscrew the three allen screws.

The Forge valve will only fit one way, but you can degree it in any direction. The Forge valve has notches on each corner that allign with a tab on the stock diverter valve. I've seen some people position the Forge valve so that two of the openings are up toward the hood. I did mine so the Forge logo is visable.

Using the supplied allen screws reinstall the factory diverter valve with your new Forge Valve in between it and the turbocharger. Plug in the electrical connection on the diverter valve.

If you had to remove the stock intake tub, reinstall it at this time. Notice that it will sit slightly forward because of the extra 3/4 inch the Forge piece adds. It will still tighten down and seal properly however, so no worries there.

Drive your Dart and then recheck to make sure everything is still tight.

#6 ·
This is true.

#8 ·
Yup you'll get the nice sound, but it'll sound more like a traditional BOV and the CAI will give you a hp boost.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.