Dodge Dart Forums banner

Flash updates?

11K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Dennis004 
#1 ·
Car went in for oil pressure sensor, was bad , while there they did a few flash updates 08-041-14, 08-010-14 could not find these anyone know where to look these up?
Thanks

#2 ·
08-041-14
Flash: Steering Wheel Vibration At Highway Speeds On Smooth Road

08-010-14
Cruise Control Slow Or No Response

i cannot share where i found this however, its a chrysler thing.
and they should have asked you before doing them, unless there is a statement in the fine print where you sign that says they will update the vehicle if one is available

#3 ·
Well my wife took car in, those updates were on the service invoice. Had no idea why they did them , we had no issues with either item. maybe is a Chrysler mandatory thing? Says they also inspected the gas door. Dealer is very good with their service so I don't care as long as they don't make the car worse.

#4 ·
The gas door has an issue of freezing shut after rain and below freezing temperatures. I had to take my Dart in and I believe they drilled a small hole to allow it to drain out. It took all of 10 minutes. Water would pool by the hinge is what they said I believe.

#5 ·
The gas door issue that I believe is being refered to is the problem with the leading edge of the gas door sticking out/not lining up flush with the body surface. Mine has this and the dealers are taking care of it.

#6 ·
I have the same problem with the leading edge on my gas door. I am in NJ, I called the dealer and the girl I talked to in the service department, she checked for recalls and service bulletins. She trued to tell me that I will have to pay $23 plus labor to get it repaired because it hasn't been recalled. I have a 2013 Dart SE, with 18,000 miles on it, she is trying to tell me that the gas door is not covered under the 3 year/36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. I have owned a lot of new cars of different brands, I have never seen a dealer back pedal away from the warranty on their product the way Dodge does. Its disgusting the way they rudely treat customers and try to match wits with you over low cost simple warranty work for things that should not go wrong in the first place.

#7 ·
Mr. Brey, They drilled a small hole in the ledge, inside the fuel door to drain the water that leaks through the ill fitting gas door? Now the water can drain and lay inside the rear quarter panel, YAY!!!! Wow another example of Chrysler/Dodge half assed service and warranty work. Why not fix the problem the right way and replace the defective door hinge assembly? Hey at least they are consistent the car is designed by half- assed engineers and serviced by total ass-0 Chrysler's trained technicians, LOL

#8 ·
I took my car to another Dodge dealership and the service manager looked at the gap, at the top of the leading edge of the gas door. He showed me a service bulletin based on the vin # of my car which said the hinge was defective. It is a two piece plastic hinge, with the two pieces pressed together. He told me that he could order me a new hinge but it will either come in already split or split in a short time after installation. He recommended that I glue the two pieces together with super glue gel. I did and it worked out great!!!!! The gap on the leading edge of the gas door is gone.

#9 ·
Great info Dennis. I've been meaning to ask the dealer about mine. It sticks out just enough to be noticeable when I close it after fueling but I'm like is it really or am I being to critical? Is it something you can see and do on the car or did you have to pull the door assembly?

Thanks

#10 ·
You can do it right on the car. Open the door, look at the back of the hinge, gently pull the top of the door. you will see the gap where the hinge has separated. Get super glue gel that has an applicator brush, and separate the hinge gently and spread the glue between the two pieces liberally. Press and hold the pieces together for several minutes then close the door and firmly tape with scotch tape the upper edge of the outside of the gas door to hold glued halves of the hinge in place overnight. Be careful not to get glue on your paint. Gently pull off the tape the next day, wax with Turtle wax after removing the tape , if the tape leaves a mark. This worked well for me, the dealer inspected it and said it is perfect now

#11 ·
Yah I see what you are talking about. Mine isn't to bad yet but you can def see where it is sepparating. I was in for my 20K today and talked to the service rep. He said they would change it out and they have had good luck with thew replacements so far but that I would do just as well to fallow your glue fix myself. I still have time on my warrenty so I am thinking I will wait and watch it. If it gets worse then I will decide, dealer fix or me fix.

#12 ·
I still have 16,ooo miles or 16 months on my bumper to bumper, I'm getting my blower motor replaced for the second time, in a year. on July 21. It is so loud you can hear it over the radio when the volume is all the way up. I'm seriously considering trading in for a Kia Optima. It just seems like one dumb thing after another. I'm just worried this lemon of a car is going to nickel and dime me to death after the bumper to bumper warranty has expired.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.