Dodge Dart Forums banner

Eibach Sportline springs.

15K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  david5525 
#1 ·
I put my new springs on yesterday and I love them. Rides great and leaves me just enough room for ground fx. Dropped a little more than 1.75.
Side note: got a new stripe(I want to be just like OrangeCrush when I grow up ;) )

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks great man. Lowered Darts look amazing. How's the ride with the Eibach? I've never been a fan of them, they always seem to ride rough.

#8 ·
Looks awesome! You honestly don't notice any "roughness" in your ride? I've always been weary of doing just springs rather than the whole coilover setup for this reason. Also if you don't mind how much did these run you?

#9 ·
http://thmotorsports.com/eibach/eibach_sportline_springs/411328/i-1754655.aspx
thats where I bought mine. Tirerack.com had them cheaper by 10 bucks but didnt have them in stock, plus I already had H&R spring on pre-order from TH so they kept my money and changed the order. I hear ya about the rough ride. I had the proline on my scion (shortly) and hated them. For only $238.00 I took a chance because it had the drop I wanted. My wife didnt even notice any rougher of a ride. I call that a win!
I think this is the first time my impatients really paid off. Any longer with my car that high, I would have had to paint it camo and put a Get-R-Done sticker on the back:)

#10 ·
Looks sweet and down. The stipe looks awesome too. Was there any issue with caster, camber or allignment? When you say you want a swaybar, are you feeling some body roll in the corners that you want to take care of? Again it looks ffff-in great man.

#11 ·
There was a problem with the wheel alignment. Took my car to Les Schwab and they told me they could not do the alignment. They needed some special tool for the front and the back was missing a nut that lets you adjust the rear camber. I have an appointment on Friday (July 5) at the dealer to get it done. As for the sway bars, I just wanted it to corner more like my Mini. It will never happen but its worth a shot. :D

#12 ·
Its been a while since I looked at Eibach springs. Was goint to put them on my 02 Neon. I thought the Proline was less drop than the Sportline? I know that sounds backward but thats the way I remember it. So I was surprized when you said you felt a harsher ride from the Proline. Do you think there is still room to run 18in wheels with the 1.75in drop? I have the same wheels as you, just haven't painted them yet. I was going to wait til the tires wore out and then go with an 18in package.

I don't think the Dart will corner like a gocart but we can look cool trying.

#13 ·
I have been trying to find 19"s that I like but that 5x110 is not leaving me with much to chose from. Tire guys told me they would fit fine. Only thing I don't know about is a body kit. Might be too low. Never thought that would come out of my mouth:)

#14 ·
As long as you don't go for no profile rubberbands the 19s will lift you back up a little. I think I will stick with some nice 18s with a little bit lower profile to offset the bigger wheel diameter. I need to learn where the front of my car is. I keep catching those little flaps infront of the front tires on parking curbs.

#17 ·
I noticed those flaps infront of the rear wheels too. If I had to throw out a guess I would say they were for reducing spay in wet driving conditions. Dodge should have a "What were you thinking?" Page on thier site so we could ask.

#23 ·
You put 20" wheels on your Dart your only gonna have rubber bands for tires. It will probably ride like crap. I guess if you got nice roads or you show it then it would probably look pretty good. Personal oppinion, I wouldn't go bigger than 18" if you enjoy driving your Dart.

#26 ·
Is your spring compressed? It is tuff to do. I didn't have help so I had to use a ratchet strap from the control arm down to the bottom of the jack stand I was using to pull the control arm down far enough to clear the spindle. Be very careful with the wheel speed sensor and the rubber boot on the ball joint.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.