Dodge Dart Forums banner

Dashboard mod?

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  david5525 
#1 ·
Hi so i find that the dashboard is kinda plain was wondering can the colours be changed ? Like changing the white number to blue or something .. and if its possible how ? ^_^ i already install led at foot and under driver and passenger seats but i prefer blue to red and was wondering if all the red can be replace

#2 ·
Changing LEDs from White to any other color

hi Slapy,
you will have to excuse my horrible English skills and grammatical errors. also, i tend to babble a lot. I have seem YouTube videos on guys who take the IP out and remove the LEDs and change them to blue ones, but that includes soldering and basic know-how of electronics and polarity and blah blah blah. i am the world's best fan of red. thats one of the reasons why i got this car.
the question about changing the buttons and all the switches from white to blue are actually pretty easy solve. i recently did this, but from white to red.
i didn't take before pictures, so look at your car then look at how mine turned out. sorry the pictures are sort of blurry, the camera on my phone was having a hard time deciding how to take them.

this is of the HVAC controls.

this is of the driverside window switches

and this is altogether with my red LEDs in the foot wells.

i dont know if these pictures will come out, so i'm going to attach them as well. they are upside down for some reason. i dont know.

so to do this, very simple:
I did the back window switches first just so i could get familiar with the process but they are all pretty much the same. They are all attached to the door panel with retaining clips. just simply pry up on one side with a flat headed screw driver or if you have them, some panel removal tools (so you don't scratch anything and it is a LOT easier to use). anyway pry them up then unhook the connecting power connector. just push in where it attaches from and pull. then that switch board is free. now on the back 2 doors, you can simply pull up on the black plastic boards but there are just some little clips. then you can unscrew the 4 screws on the board itself. make sure NOT TO turn the switch upside down, then all the pieces will come out of the switch and you will have to figure out how they all go together. how i did it was there is just one little LED on the circuit board, color it with a (in your case blue) sharpie, let it dry then do another.. coat.. and let it dry. then put everything back together.

on the other switch assemblies they are more simple. just unscrew the screws and pull the black or blue plastic away. sometimes the board goes with it, sometimes not. Again, just make sure they switch parts don't go flying. and determine which are LEDs and which are not. with the HVAC controls, unscrew the screws and there are 2 clips on either side. pains in the (you know what). get those apart and your good. there's a little thing of rubber you can take off the board and color the LEDs. TAKE NOTE: some of the LEDs are yellow, DO NOT COLOR THOSE. i have the automatic HVAC controls, but i don't know what you have or how the circuit board is laid out. when you put it back together just take not that the switch for the hazards are not the same as the normal switches and you actually have to place them in the right place on the board. when you screw the screws back together, the hazards button might make a cracking sound. don't worry. its fine. then just put everything back together. and enjoy. :cool:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.