2014 Dart keeps stalling - Dodge Dart Forum - Forums and Owners Club!
Dodge Dart Forum - Forums and Owners Club!  

Go Back   Dodge Dart Forum - Forums and Owners Club! > Dodge Dart Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Dart Problems, Complaints, and Solutions > Dodge Dart Electrical Problems and Questions
Dodge Dart Forum

Notices

Dodge Dart Electrical Problems and Questions Discuss any Dodge Dart electrical problems in this forum. Lighting, stereo, power windows, etc.

Old 12-09-2014, 05:20 PM
Dodge Dart Forum Newbie

laylab is on a distinguished road
Default 2014 Dart keeps stalling

Hi,

has anyone experienced stalling when coming to a stop? 2014 Dart SXT with Rally package just dies and takes 5-10inutes to restart
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2014, 04:31 PM
Dodge Dart Forum Senior Member!

OrangeGT is on a distinguished road

Nope, what mods do.you have? Have you talked to the dealer?
Old 12-24-2014, 04:30 PM
Dodge Dart Forum Newbie

Dennis Dittmar is on a distinguished road

Sounds like computer ignition issues. You need to consult the service manager at your dealership. Totally unacceptable for a 2014 of any make and model
Old 12-25-2014, 05:31 AM
Dodge Dart Forum Senior Member!

OrangeGT is on a distinguished road

the taking a while to restart is mostly when you do stall. i havent stalled since i changed spark plugs. unless i was just super careless. but when i stalled i start right back up now.
Old 04-29-2015, 01:51 AM
Dodge Dart Forum Newbie

chrisd123 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down 2014 Dodge Dart GT Stalling

I have a Dodge Dart GT that is stalling within the first .5 miles of driving. Very Dangerous! The dealer says that they cannot replicate the issue. I can and it is not going to be good if someone ends up in my rear. I am not happy with the service. The dealer says that the next time it stalls, just to leave it (IN THE MIDDLE OF TRAFFIC...REALLY). I will continue to take the car back to the dealership. Thank goodness it is a lease and I will NOT every buy or lease another Dodge or Chrysler. And I know that Michigan has the LEMON LAW!!!!
Old 04-30-2015, 07:52 PM
Dodge Dart Forum Newbie

PlyDust70 is on a distinguished road

I have a 2014 GT that I have taken back to the dealer 3 times for this very same problem. They have not been able to reproduce the stalling despite keeping it for almost a week the last time I had it in. I told them I didn't want it back until they had a definite cause. They had two different techs look at it and drive it extensively, including driving it to and from work. They drove it around 80 miles. After all that the best they could come up with was a software update that they hope will fix the problem. They also did software updates when I took it in the second time. Each time I have taken it in the problem has gone away for about 3 - 4 months. It won't be long before another 4 months has passed since the last time it happened. If it happens again it looks like lemon law time.
Old 01-25-2016, 05:50 AM
Dodge Dart Forum Newbie

JELLYBEAN is on a distinguished road
Cool engine stalling

I am very upset to here that so many people are having this same problem with the engine stopping. What is worse is that the dealerships don't know what the problem is. If they don't know what the problem is then who will. I sure hope they make this a recall and fix it.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:38 AM
Dodge Dart Forum Newbie

egodoy is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down dodge dart keeps stalling

hello everyone,
I have a 2013 dodge dart GT and I have taken this car to the DEALER at least 3 time during 2015 for the same reason. vehicle stalling after making any turn or stop sign. first they said it was an electrical problem that cause the battery to die after stalling, second they said the manifold pressure system and they had calibrated, the third time they found out the MAP sensor was out and it was the main reason why the vehicle kept stalling. two weeks ago starting this year 2016 my dodge started stalling again. dealer representative gave a number to contact the person who worked on the MAP sensor. I have been calling many times but no response.

I am very tired/frustrated about this situation, I called once the LEMON LAWS attorneys and they said they need the dealer to release vehicle information. I am still working with them. I do not want to say I am tired of this car already, it is a beautiful car but it is not worth it the headaches.

2 days ago I received a letter stating that they have recalled my car for another issue, something about the emergency brake system. it says that it may have a fluid leaking.

anyone that can HELP having the issue fixed!!!!

Last edited by egodoy; 02-08-2016 at 06:40 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2016, 05:29 PM
Dodge Dart Forum Newbie

bdlagain is on a distinguished road
Angry Car just dies while driving!!

Ok so on Friday 9/23/16 I'm driving to work which is only 2 miles away & about a half mile from my house, I turn the corner & my car just dies! Luckily I had just turned off the busy road. Nothing dinged that I recall. Definitely no idiot lights or anything like that. That radio is still going, the lights are on. I'm calling my husband to come get me so I'm not late while trying to restart the car. after about 4 attempts & the car just making a feeble engine turnover sound each time I press the start button, it starts right up like nothing happened & I'm off. No big deal I thought. It was fine coming home from work & going to the store Friday night. I didn't go anywhere Saturday. Yesterday morning I take it out & I'm in the turning lane from the busy road onto another busy road just a block past where it died Friday. I hear a ding. I look at my dashboard. Nothing. It dies! Still lights & radio. No indication why it died. Again the same starting process. Loss of steering both times it died, which scares the hell outta me! What if i'd turned onto the busy road with cars whizzing by at 55 mph!! Now I'm afraid to drive my own car! WTH!!! I took it today for an oil change even though my indicator said 100% & good. The guy there said it had 4 qts in it. I have an appt at the dealer tomorrow. it's about 17 miles away but i'm going to take a roundabout back way to get there so I don't have to get on a highway. A city like this you have to be able to get on highways! How are all of you getting around when your car can just conk at any minute? I'll post after the dealer tomorrow...
Old 12-23-2016, 05:35 AM
Dodge Dart Forum Newbie

Specialed is on a distinguished road

Are you still having problems? I had the same problem with my 2015 Areo. It had a transmission module that needed to be replace. I believe there is a recall for this issue.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Dart Forum - Forums and Owners Club! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Note: If your email address requires someone to click a link before they can send you email, DO NOT REGISTER WITH IT as no one is here to click the link and you will never get your activation email!
We have banned MANY Free email providers.
If you get notice that your email address is banned when you try to sign up, it is because its been banned due to spammers using the provider, or too many members bouncing emails we send back to us via the free provider! If this happens to you, you will need to use a different email. If you do not provide a valid email address you will not receive your activation email. We recommend that you register with an email address which is attached to your ISP! Not a free service! We have found that using free accounts causes you to not receive your registration email. In any case, you should add DodgeDartForumZ.com to your spam filter whether using a free account or your ISP account. If you bounce email to us, you will have your account deleted and your IP address banned!

Email Address:
Select your Sex! (Lots! is not an option!)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.