Dodge Dart Forums banner

Injen CAI Installed

8K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  OrangeGT 
#1 ·
I just finished the install of my Injen CAI on my 13 SXT 2.0. It went real well thanks to the tip from OrangeGT about going through the right front inner fender rather than removing the front clip. I have had the front clip off before. Removing the right front tire and inner fender plastic was way easier. I had to lift half of the radiator cover to access the bolt that holds the end of the resonator in place. But that is just 1 screw and 3 of those plastic clips. Engine bay looks a little naked without the plastic engine cover. I might try to modify the cover to fit over the CAI. Weather is crap today so haven't got out for a test drive yet. It sounds a little throatier.:D
I would def tell people this is a good easy first mod. And as long as you have the engine cover off, the spark plugs are accessible to put in the Autolite 5325s. Totally worth the $10.

#3 ·
Noticeable increase in throttle response. Without the resonator which is removed for the full CAI, the intake is louder and there is a slight buzz or vibration felt. Mileage improved by 2-3mpg.

#4 ·
2-3 mpg? I am very interested if that is the case. The drop in I installed only netted a change of 1-2.
Was this before or after the plug change?

#6 ·
At the time I installed the copper plugs then later installed the CAI I was running 92octane. I saw an indicated not calculated increase of 2 or 3 mpg. Since then I have gone back to 87octane and we now have the 10%ethanal making mpg even worse. Plus my wife has been using my car for Christmas shopping and she is driving it like it is her smart car. Every time I get in it the indicator has dropped 2-3mph.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.