Dodge Dart Forums banner

Eibach Sportlines, Painted Wheels and Calipurs

9K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  OrangeGT 
#1 · (Edited)
Just finished installing my Eibach Sportline springs that I got for Christmas from my beautiful wife and awesome son. All went well without any troubles thanks to the great right up with photos from Jake(justcallmejake). I can see where a second pair of hands would help on the fronts. I didn't have help. The rears were easy. While I had the wheel off I painted them in a semi gloss black and painted the calipur an calipur mounts safety red. Pulled it up front, gave it a bath and WOW do I like how it looks now. Took it for a drive and I am really impressed with the ride. As nice as the factory suspension, not harsh or ruff at all.

Next will have to be the sound system. Then its a toss up for the Mopar hood or somewhat subtle spoiler:rolleyes:.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Looks really good
Thanks. Rides pretty good. The little flaps infront of the front wheels are only about 2" off the ground now so they drag over every speed bump. Thinking about taking them off.

13K and love every mile I drive in my Dart.

#6 ·
Depends on the spring. The Eibach spring is a dual rate spring meaning it does have some of the softer ride of a stock spring but as they compress they hit that second harder spring rate. When I got mine I was expecting a much harsher ride like the old lowering springs gave you. I was surprised how well they ride. Lowering the car and stiffening the suspension does improve performance by keeping the car level in the corners. You can get really good coilover spring/struts for $1000 that are adjustable and give you increased performance with height adjustment or get the basic coils which aren't adjustable for $225.

Reactions: JMBrey
#7 ·
Was looking at maybe adding some myself, makes the dart look nicer when it is a few inches lower. Still can't get over your caliper/rim pairing. I just am so in love with black rims and red calipers. wonder if it would look too much red since my dart is already red.

#10 ·
You should be pretty comfortable with your skills. Have a way to lift and support the car while you are working on it and you will need spring compressors. There is another thread with pictures and step by step. Having someone help does make it easier. I did it solo and had to get pretty creative to get it done.

I did not have it alligned. I did max out the camber adjustment on the rear because when lowered the suspension geometry caused the wheels to really angle in at the top. The front suspension geometry didn't have this problem when lowered. They rears still do angle in a little but not to bad. You can get a camber kit which replaces the adjusters with excentric bolts that allow more adjustment. Just had my 20K service and no wear problems on the tires. Car drives and handles nice.

$415 for someone to do it for you is pretty reasonable.

#12 ·
Def check out the other Eibach thread by (theycallmejake). He has some good pics and pointers from his experience. If you do it yourself it might be a good opportunity to dress up the calipurs while you have things apart.

#14 ·
Eibach is probably the cheapest way you can go. $220 plus shipping. The Sportlines will lower you almost 2 inches if you want to scrape on everything or the Prolines will drop you just over an inch. I wish I could get the Sportlines for the rear and the Prolines for the front. That would be perfect. Ultimate would be a good set of coilovers but they will run you about a grand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.