Dodge Dart Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guys! New to this whole forum thing and not sure if this would be the right place for this type of thread...

Wondering if someone can briefly explain the differences in the 3 engines? Actually just the difference between the 1.4 Multi Air Turbo and the 2.4... which one is better? 2.4 has more horsepower but does that mean anything? Again I am new to this stuff.

I have the Mopar Edition Dart and looking for the best deal and modifications to make it a better car.

Appreciate it the help ahead of time.

·
Registered
30 Posts
if your looking for an easier way to add power the 1.4 turbo is going to be a better option if you can deal with the lag. a few add ons and your getting +25 to +35 hp cause of getting the turbo to breathe easier.. also tuning of the turbo is going to see better gains.. just my opinion.
(Cant say about the 2.4)

-WR

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, thats very useful information. Im in the process of modifying my dart now that its finally getting nice here im chicago...

·
Registered
284 Posts
ok, well the difference is the 2.0 and 2.4 share the same block but different head designs.the 2.0 has a DOHC set up that has a(similar to mivec or vtec) system for timing and fuel consumption.
the 2.4 has the same head design that the 1.4 has but its a little bigger and only has a SOHC to control the exhaust side of the head as the intake and fuel is controlled by the multiair system basically timing and intake controled by a sophisticated program and an oil actuator set up.
the 1.4 is a turbocharged version of the fiat 1.4L multiair and is used in an array of fiat set ups. it is probly one of the strongest off the lot with its small turbo and high gearing. it gets the best mpg (if driven properly) and has the highest after market currently due to the Fiat version being out before the the other engines.

if your looking fro an engine that has a ot of aftermarket now go with the 1.4
if your gonna hold out for some actual mods and tunes and possible turbo set up from a couple aftermarket vendors, then the 2.0/2.4 would be better bets.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I hope there is a turbo set up for the 2.4, i just bought the 2.4 and love it but I'm thinking it would be a beast with a turbo on it! lovely car and i wish i had the cash to mod it because it would sound killer with an exhaust system on it. and a cold air intake.. can't wait for the scat pack to come out.. oh and i might just have to save for a carbon hood too!

·
Registered
284 Posts
ok well here is an update for all your Turbo hopefuls with the 2.0/2.4

Ralph has hinted to a new series or family of engines coming out in the 2016 dart refresh. the dart will have a NA version of the Hurricane and a 2.0 Turbo version of the Hurricane. ralph has said the new engines will fix the problems with the cars current slow reputation.

my guess is the new 2,0 NA will be about 180ish hp and nearly the same in tq.
the 2.0 turbo has been mentioned to put out more then the Focus ST.
and a 2.4 turbo will be offered in the new SRT4. i hope this helps out with anyones current thoughts on the three engines that are in the dart now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i was just curious if anyone knew anything about the scat packages does anyone know pricing!? and also after most of your mods on your 1.4 turbos what are you guys running for horsepower. i just bought the 2.4GT and its not bad on power but no aftermarket parts yet but I'm sure a lot of people have been running their turbos.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had the same question when I was shopping, here is the best solution. Go to a dealer and test drive the 1.4 turbo, then test drive the 2.4. To me, there is NO comparison, the 2.4 has quicker response, more horse power, and more. I never test drove the 2.0, after driving the 2.4 my mind was made up. I went out intending to buy the 1.4 turbo, but could not even fathom the idea after driving the 2.4.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts