Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

So a bit of back story first, I order my Dodge Dart Rallye 1.4L back in September 2013. I love the car, had no no issues and the fuel economy is still amazes me everyday. Getting 49MPG highway and around 29MPG city, if you can call where I live a city.

The wife and I recently had our third child and well the Dart is a little cramped.. we are looking at getting a SUV. So i went into the local Dodge dealership to get a trade in price for my Dart. 20,000 miles just over 2 years old and in Amazing shape, backup camera, fully loaded -Bluetooth.

I was offered $7500... I payed $26,000 for it.

The salesmen then told me I was lucky to get anything for the car, as they no longer made the Rallye with the 1.4L DDCT.(this was news to me..)

I thought he was crazy and went to 2 other dealerships.. $7500 was the highest I could get on trade for my dart.. All the dealers claiming it was because of the 1.4L.

So dodge/fiat seems to have screwed me with the changes to the motors..I have two choices, to sell the Car at a almost $5000 loss, not counting the $12,000 trade from my Charger. Or keep it till she dies...

Not a happy camper..

·
Registered
138 Posts
Sorry to hear about your predicament. Unfortunately most cars lose much of their value within the first couple of years, forcing a bit of negative equity until the loan can be paid down a bit.

You might be able to make a little of that up if you sell to a private part, but it sounds like you made need to eat a little of it, if you want to get into that SUV

good luck

Exco

·
Registered
284 Posts
have you tried to sell it on craigslist you will get more money then any dealer would give you.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Unfortunately the Dart has horrible resale. I have an Aero 1.4l and it's only blue booked at 12k. Trade it was like 7200. It's just the nature of buying a new car, but sadly the Dart falls into the same category as the Neon, it's 5 year throw away car.

·
Registered
193 Posts
that engine must be killing you, kbb and nada say the wife's limited is worth $14k trade.

·
Registered
284 Posts
my gt is worth 14k kbb. unfortunatly the 1.4 is not a popular engine for the dart. its kinda why its only offered in the 2014+ areo only. also americans do not fully understand the ddct either. so this unpopularity is why the dart has slow sales and poor resale.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Its funny in a way because I chose the 1.4 L over all the others because of the performance aftermarket and the ability to make her a high 14 second car w/ bolt on's (which I've done). I let go of an '08 Jeep Commander which was super clean for my '13 Dart, and I tend to keep vehicles for between 5 and 10 years so the last thing I was worried about was resale value. I figure by the time I'm done with my Dart it'll be worth almost nothing, lol, even though I've done about $3,500 in wheels, suspension, brakes and performance upgrades to her to get her to actually run and handle like she really shoulda from the factory. Since my Dart is way more fun to drive than my old big Jeep I think its a decent trade off...now I just hope it lasts for another 5-10 years without giving me any major trouble. Luckily its a Rallye without a lot of the fancy electronic gadgets (which seem to give a lot of Dart owners trouble from what I hear and read online) and its a manual trans. so I stand better odds than most at a long life outta her.

·
Registered
69 Posts
When I went out looking for my Dart, used, I had the 1.4 as a priority. Manual trans was a close 2nd. Nave 3rd and leather a distant 4th. Like RallyeDart, I wanted the 1.4 for tunability and it's great fuel mileage hand in hand with it's torque numbers at lower RPM's than the 2.4. I keep a car for about 10 years and put a ton of miles on my cars. I'm fresh from a really good experience with a 2nd gen Neon R/T.
I just need time to get up to speed with the differences in this car then we're good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts