Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi! first post here

So i bought a new dart areo around august last year and have put on 27,000 miles since then and today i have to take it into the shop to have a problem looked at. i noticed that there was a few oil spots under where i park my car. upon looking under the hood i found some oil puddling up around one of the spark coils.. its weird to see this and no CEL. has anyone heard of this happening before. or know what the cause could be from?

Attachments

·
Registered
284 Posts
it something to do with the O rings. im sure i can find some info on it. ill try to GOOGLE it.

EDIT: found this on another forum. hope it helps out.
is it the o-ring between the oil separator and valve cover

If it's cylinder #1 it's probably spilled oil from someone. It's cylinder #3 or #4 the oil catch box leaks oil. Seen this many times the oil fill is right next to #1 and the catch box is next to 3 and 4. If you had a valve seal leaking it would burn up in the combustion chamber. The cam cover gasket would also be a culprit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply. yea it was a bad seal in the oil separator near cylinder #4 i had thought i was from someone dropping oil on it too at first so i just cleaned it off. it should be back tomorrow from the dealer. they gave me a rental car but its for 100miles a day so i cant use it right now :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts