Dodge Dart Forums banner

250 HP possible?

14K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Abarguy 
#1 ·
how would it be possible to get the 2013 dodge dart limited ddct 1.4 t to 250 HP

current mods :

EC Phase 1+ Tune
EC/HPSI RAM - AIR
EC/HPSI VACCUM HOSES
EC/HPSI INTAKE

#4 ·
You chose a heavy car to start with, and with a rather small motor, turbo or not. If you're looking for faster, a big step is to lighten it up as much as possible. You have a good start with bolt on's. Better intercooler piping is available, bigger throttle bodies and bigger turbos. But, boosting up higher will definitely require higher octane fuel, which is why I suggested E85.
Check out parts available on Modernperformance.com.

#7 ·
I think your next step would be a bigger turbo. The one on the car is kind of small. Hopefully your tune will support it. Not familiar with your tune, does it support higher RPM's? Variable, select-able fuel mapping? At what boost levels?
I do have a 500HP 2.2 Dodge that uses a variable speed methanol injection at more than 16 PSIG boost to keep knock down. You might consider that for higher boost levels if you get there.

Good luck!

#8 ·
Oh, I just read somewhere that, due to design, the 1.4 won't benefit much from external bolt ons because of a huge limiting factor; the cylinder head. Buying a ported head with bigger valves allows boost levels approaching 300HP or so. Without it, like you may have read already, you're looking at a cap of about 225-235. What I read was that the intake does get to boost levels but is restricted by the cylinder head ports at higher RPM's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.