Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone, i have a 2013 dodge dart rallye, with the 2.0, combined with the 6 spd autostick trans. i bought this car new off the dealer floor, knowing it was a first gen car, and that there were bound to be bugs to work out over time. i chose the 2.0 for the reason being this platform has been out for YEARS, so that would make plenty of time for improvement.
I drive my car daily to and from work with a combined distance of 84 miles. currently, i have just over 91,xxx miles. i have done proper maintenance schedules,and just recently replaced my plugs, and air filter (which looked in very good condition to begin with) my problem is the 26MPG i am currently getting, i have no check lights, my wheel alignments are fine, my tires are proper, everything appears to be OK. while changing my plugs, i inspected each cylinder with a bore camera, and the tops of the pistons on each cylinder appeared to match and looked fine as well. im tired of filling up, just to get a few miles down the road to see my needle pull off of full. the mpg info on the dash, just downright LIES. used to, it was great and accurate, i could average 34 mpg @75 mph cruising speed(interstate).
for christs sake, i have a 91 accord with a burned out 02 sensor and it puts my dart to shame.
ive also had an 06 daytona charger with the 5.7L that averaged 25mpg. which is right at about the same as what im getting with my dart right now.
THATS 4 EXTRA CYLINDERS !!!!

anyways, im downright upset, any positive input from ya'll would be greatly appericiated, thank you:mad:

·
Administrator
1,269 Posts
I assume you are using the correct octane gas (probably 87) for your car? The reason I say this is if it calls for 89 or 91 & you're using 87 the PCM could have some long term spark retard built in from pulling timing causing you to lose mileage. May also want to pull the PCM fuse or disconnect the battery for a while to reset your adaptives.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.