Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only had my Dart for about a month, but as I turned the radio down to listen to the engine, I noticed the 6 speed automatic transmission downshifts very dramatically. It is very clunky with a loud throw out sound. Is this the natural sound of the tranny or is it an issue? There are no "drivability" problems, but shifts very loud "especially in traffic". I have about 3000 miles left on the Manufacturers warranty. So far I've noticed it is the loudest downshifting from 2nd to 1st.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Just throwing some questions at you for better understanding.

Are these deceleration downshifts, aceleration downshifts? Are you manually shifting? Do you have the standard 6 speed auto or the DDC dual dry clutch auto?

Don't think i've heard anyone on here having trouble with the standard 6 speed auto but I think there was a post or two about the dual dry clutch.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. I'm not certain about the tranny, however I believe all 1.4 turbos have the dual clutch transmission. I don't really use the manual shift. It's just a louder than im used to downshift when im coming to a stop. So deceleration to answer that part of your question.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts