Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Dodge Dart Ralleye 1.4T. I have the basic radio (not the touchscreen) with the steering wheel controls. I was wondering does anyone know where I can find the wiring harness, and install kit so I can put me an aftermarket touchscreen in it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I would check out Crutchfield. They'll typically tell you everything that you need for an install. I think they'll also provide technical support of sorts.

They're prices might be a little higher than other places for some products, but I doubt that you'll get the support. Another option is to use 'em for research, and then buy what you need elsewhere at a lower price.

good luck

Exco

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah, Crutchfield has butkiss for Darts. I ended up pulling the factory head unit, pulling the wiring connector from the mainboard of the stereo unit, and soldering the wire leads for my Kenwood unit to it, and works like a champ. The space in the stereo housing (I have a '15) is dual din, but the chassis for the stereo is an offset single DIN (you are left with spaces above and below the head unit when installed if you use a moidified Mantra kit, which I did, fiberglassing the openings left behind so im not staring at a gaping hole in my dash.......

·
Registered
7 Posts
if your radio had bluetooth interface I'd consider getting a dash mod for an ipad. lots of shops are doing those with fiberglass. with the shallow depth available in a dart that is really your best option unless you want to get a touchscreen out of a wrecked dart (screen, dash, radio behind the glovebox, wiring harness, ect...)

build a box in glove box and mount a radio in there.
mount one under the air conditioner controls
keep your radio and put in a processor. Zapco makes a cheap one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.