Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the difference between the drop in K&N Air Filter for around $45 versus the K&N 69 Series Typhoon Cold Air Intake for around $250?

I am thinking one is just the filter where as the actual intake includes more? I'm not really sure the difference.

Anyone have an upgraded intake that can provide some input?

I have a 2.0L by the way. Thanks in advance for the help in understanding this!

·
Registered
284 Posts
What's the difference between the drop in K&N Air Filter for around $45 versus the K&N 69 Series Typhoon Cold Air Intake for around $250?

I am thinking one is just the filter where as the actual intake includes more? I'm not really sure the difference.

Anyone have an upgraded intake that can provide some input?

I have a 2.0L by the way. Thanks in advance for the help in understanding this!
about 200 dollars,lol. depending on if your trying to spend 250, just get the injen CAI and that will be more effective for the price.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
about 200 dollars,lol. depending on if your trying to spend 250, just get the injen CAI and that will be more effective for the price.

Yeah I already knew the price difference haha. I found a CAI that boasted 8+ additional HP and 7.3+ Torque.... but i'm not sure if that's just a load of crap seeing as the numbers i've been seeing for other filters/CAI is only like 2-3+ HP....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Milx,

I just put my drop-in K&N filter into he stock air intake. My car only goes up to 5500RPM vs 6000 RPM now as the computer shifts down the auto since it producing more. The change is definitely noticeable if you are One with your car haha.

I am going to buy myself the INJEN CAI as a christmas present this year, so I can holler at you if it feels like more is there.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I installed the drop-in K&N. Didn't notice any power difference, but the mpg in city improved by 1-2.
Don't expect a lot from a CAI or drop-in, the 2.0 is built for economy not performance.
And you would not be able to feel a 5 hp difference via butt dyno.

Milx,

I just put my drop-in K&N filter into he stock air intake. My car only goes up to 5500RPM vs 6000 RPM now as the computer shifts down the auto since it producing more. The change is definitely noticeable if you are One with your car haha.

I am going to buy myself the INJEN CAI as a christmas present this year, so I can holler at you if it feels like more is there.
I'm not following your logic in that statement. If the transmission shifts differently after you installed a different air filter I would have it looked at by a qualified technician.
Even if the power increase wasn't placebo, it would not cause the trans to shift differently.

·
ProFRESHional
210 Posts
With the CAI you will remove the original intake and replace it. It'll be a filter element and intake tube, clamps, etc.....
not only that but your turbo spooling up will be ALOT more audible. (if you have the 1.4 turbo of course)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yeah I already knew the price difference haha. I found a CAI that boasted 8+ additional HP and 7.3+ Torque.... but i'm not sure if that's just a load of crap seeing as the numbers i've been seeing for other filters/CAI is only like 2-3+ HP....
the ones boasting 8 is a FULL CAI and the 3 is the SRI. i have the injen CAI and i love it. i have a 2.4 and modded my CAI to fit my head.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts