Dodge Dart Forums banner

Attn: Lurkers, what are you up to????

12K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  fcuda340 
#1 ·
Hey guys and gals, why are you lurking?? You don't have to remain a stranger. Join up, it's free. Everyone is welcome, regardless of what you drive. Meet new people, join in on a conversation, express your point of view, let everyone know how you feel. Sign up now, you'll really enjoy the comraderie.

Reactions: GT
#4 ·
Havent been lurking very long. Have a /6 67dart I've been dragging around since 1989. Want to put 318 in it. What is the latest year car with 318 that I can swap into it easily? Say I find a dodge van with a 318. How old does it need to be?
Welcome!

if you have a 67 Dart with the 318 then it is the original A318 which ended production for the 67 model year. the new 318 was the LA version, not sure how much of a difference there is, i know the L stood for light, as in it was a lighter version of the A block engines.

the LA 318 was used all the way up to 1991 in the Ram. thats when the 5.2L fuel injection version came out

#5 · (Edited)
molto10, hi and welcome to the 'Z', from VA. Glad to have you here with us. When you get a chance introduce yourself in the Newbie forum. That way you get the proper welcomes from the rest of the member. Thanks.

#12 ·
67 Dart had the LA 318 and can be any LA 318 into the 80's. You may want to change the K member for the mounting or cut the ones from the vehicle it is taken from as the /6 mounts won't work. You will need the correct trans to go with it too. I have done many MOPAR swaps so just ask for any info needed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.