Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New 2014 Rallye Blacktop 2.4L owner here. Located in east alabama. Bought it for the MPG over my Taurus SHO. Plan on doing quite a bit to this vehicle as they "hopefully" release more aftermarket upgrades for this model.HMU

20% tint all the way around except 5% on rear windshield. Debadged, aluminum crank pulley.

Attachments

·
Registered
768 Posts
Welcome from the PNW aka WA. Old guy here so pardon my ignorance. What is HMU and what is a rear windshield. Your Dart looks good Debadged, maybe I'm biassed as I also own a Pitch Black Dart. We can't have any tint on the front windshield except a visor like strip across the top. I know some states allow for medical tinting. Besides the tint, what else are you thinking as you wait for aftermarket options to come out?

Thanks for joining us!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What is HMU and what is a rear windshield. Your Dart looks good Debadged, maybe I'm biassed as I also own a Pitch Black Dart. We can't have any tint on the front windshield except a visor like strip across the top. I know some states allow for medical tinting. Besides the tint, what else are you thinking as you wait for aftermarket options to come out?
HMU just means Hit me up, and the rear windshield is just the back glass. Bad habit of mine I suppose. I've always called it that. If you've ever not had back glass in a vehicle for whatever reason, it is indeed a windshield haha. I have the "eyebrow" across the front at 20% and that's it as far as the front goes. I'm going to install a rear window spoiler eventually. Until then I've got the aluminum crank pulley, I'll be getting the tuner from RRM as well. I've also got plans this weekend to swap over the stock halogen bulbs to an HID conversion. I just ordered a glasspack to replace the resonator and I'm getting rid of the muffler and straight piping it.

I'm researching turbo components and options at the moment, it doesn't seem terribly complicated but pretty costly. I'll probably put the Eibach sportline springs on it next month if I can find the time. The possibilities are endless with imagination and research. Unfortunately, time and money are not, usually you've got more of one than the other.

·
Registered
768 Posts
WOW, put the big DUH sticker on my forehead. I feel stupid for not knowing Hit Me Up. The rear windshield had me confused when you said you had 5% on the rear. I had never heard of anyone putting a different tint on the back than the sides. Is that a preference thing? I totally agree on the time and money keeping up with the emagination. Are your wheels 17" or 18"? I'm trying to visualize 18s for my dart when my oem tires wear out. I guess you can fit a 19" but I'm not so sure I want to go that far.
I like your Dale ain't dead statement.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lol it's cool.Yeah I put 5% on the back to keep the headlights at night from being annoying, even with the auto dimming mirrors it still gets aggravating. I keep the rest at 20% because it's illegal in alabama but if i open my sunroof in te daytime it makes them look lighter ao the cops dont give me a hard time. any darker is pretty noticeable, even with the sunroof open. My dart came with 18's and I'm pretty confident you could fit 19's but the more you go up the more you mess with your engine performance and speed as well. I would just keep the stock size, maybe go a little wider. I don't yet have the sportlines put in yet but I think it will be a really good fit with the 18's.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Can you see anything out the back at night or do you rely on the backup camera:eek:? Washington state we can do the limo or 5% tint on the back and rear sides but the front sides are only legal to 35%. A lot of us just go with 20%. I suppose if the police wanted to get out thier meters and check us we would al be in trouble but I haven't see that around here.

I'm thinking about painting the silver accents around the fog lights and the strip infront of them black too.

When you do your exhaust, you will have to record a sound bite and post a link. Lots of people on here are interested to hear it before they buy it:).

Lookin forward to seeing the sportlines on your ride with the 18s.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lol no, I can see out of the back at night, I usually rely on my camera and side mirrors more during the night time more just because looking out the back in dim settings is kinda futile unless someone has their lights on. I'll get some stuff posted tomorrow after the exhaust is done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts