Dodge Dart Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife and I were out Christmas shopping and it was pretty nasty out snow, slush etc. as we were going down the road the chime went off and the battery light was on... since we were only about a mile from the dealer I looked for a place to turn around , and as I did, the light went out. So I thought maybe the belt got some slop on it to cause the light,as the alternator sits kinda low , but then I remembered that the cover under the engine should block most of it . Anyway I did not go to the dealer as I doubt they would have done anything after the fact. Anyone else have this issue?
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same here

Just had the same thing happen today with 2013 Dart Limited. Had it less than a week, the battery light came on while driving then went off after a few seconds. I'm not sure if it's something to be concerned about...going to keep an eye on this and hope it's just a fluke that will sort itself out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
continuing battery light issues

I had my battery light come on while driving as well, called and took my car into the shop. They gave me no answers about the light, just that the battery was fine. Four days later I drove 1 hour to Milwaukee and the battery light went off and on 47 times! It stopped for two days and started coming on again. My car goes back in today so we will see if they have a solution. Everyone I've talk to say its most likely an alternator problem if the battery is doing that.

This is just one of the many problems I've been having with my Dart since day one. THE WORST PURCHASE I've ever made.

-jolene

·
Registered
2 Posts
okay guys I just took my dart to the dealership this morning about the battery ossue. They got soe error codes but are not sure what the exact problem is. They are sendi.g the codes to the engineers and said they will getack to me. until then they have said the car is 'safe to drive' and thats all they can do for now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Battery light

I bought my 2013 dart limited in sept.2012. First the battery light came on, then it would flash other lights. It would say "traffic ahead" for no reason. My back up camera would stay on while driving. Finally one day the instrument cluster went blank. The dealership had my car for 31 days. I only had the car for 2 1/2 months at that point. They replaced the cluster. Now it is back at the dealership again. It has been there for 26 days now. The cluster went nuts again, the Bluetooth doesn't work, it still says traffic ahead. And the traffic opt. Never worked from day one. The radio keeps going blank. The passenger side sun visor just fell off one day. And the clear coat on the wheels bubbled. All 4 of them. And the headliner came apart. First they said that the module was bad. They got a new one. Still nothing, replace it again. Still did not work. They have no idea what is wrong. And I bought a new car so I wouldn't have problems. I called Chrysler and they just tell me that they will keep trying. At this point I just want them to replace my car!

·
Registered
768 Posts
I here ya! No one should have to put up with that much on a new car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone found the solution to the battery light problem. Ive had my car for a year and 3 months, today was the first time my battery light came on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all, I too bought a 2014 Dart GT and the second day I had it the battery light came on and went off a few seconds later about 5 times... 1 month later it has done this on 3 other occasions with it coming on for about a second then going off over and over. I have brought the car into the shop twice now and of course they say nothing is wrong and they cant repeat the issue however there is a solution in sight... I RECIEVED A BULLITEN FROM DODGE SAYING THAT THEY ARE AWARE OF THE ISSUE AFFECTING THE DARTS REGARDING THE BATTERY LIGHT AND ARE ACTIVELY WORKING ON A SOFTWARE UPGRADE TO FIX IT.. THIS FIX WILL BE AVAILABLE SOMETIME IN THE FIRST QUARTER OF 2014, all you have to do is to keep checking with your dealer on oil changes or whatever.... hope this helps everyone!

·
Registered
73 Posts
i can vouch for the above information
dodge is indeed working on a solution to the random battery light

·
Registered
284 Posts
mine only did it when the temp outside was lower then 20 degrees. something about the battery not beign a cold weather or soemthing. but since it has warmed up mine has not gone off since.

·
Registered
18 Posts
At least I'm not alone!

My new dart has battery light problem too. I notice it when i take off from a light. The chime will go off one time and the batery light will come on for about 2 seconds. Will do it 10 times in a row, then not again for a week or more. I have now found that I have MORE electrical issues this little car. Auto headlights work when they want; auto wipers work when they want; key fobs randomly not reconized when i get in the car after remote starting. And dealer can't find anything wrong.

But I will get to the bottom of it. I have friends..........

·
Registered
73 Posts
guys
dodge has released RRT 14-024 2013-2014 PF CLUSTER SERVICE BATTERY MESSAGE FLASH

if you would like me to check your vins send me a PM with your last eight digits and mileage.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Being a Newbie Sucks!

OK, So I want to send you my car info so you can look up whether or not I'm included on the new software update..........BUT since I'm a Newbie with only 5 posts, I'm not allowed to send private messages until I reach a 30 post score. Since I'm not the kinda guy to just find 25 more reasons to post something for nothing, maybe you can PM me and I can reply? Will that work? I can tell you my GT car has 4100 miles on it and the VIN is really close to ED702389.
:(
:confused:

·
Registered
73 Posts
your car is on the list, and also your dealer has not reported that they sold you the car, it is still showing unsold to chrysler, might want to look into that

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks!

Thanks for the info, but you do understand that's not my exact VIN number. Being a newbie, and you saying people should private message you, I figured there must be a reason for me NOT to post my actual VIN.

But if your looking up a range of VIN's, mine is a few numbers lower than what I posted. If you need my exact VIN, please let me know. You can email me at [email protected]

And again - thanks for helping out.

·
Registered
73 Posts
lol
well that person is on the list
and i cant check a range of vins
i will send you an email

·
Registered
1 Posts
lol
well that person is on the list
and i cant check a range of vins
i will send you an email
I just purchased a 2014 GT and today it has the battery light when taking off at a light. It is fairly cold in my area, today isn't that bad at all. My VIN is: 1C3CDFEB9ED730296

I too am very new and was doing research on this issue as I just bought the car 2 days ago and already having issues... I couldn't PM you, but feel free to email me as well if you would like or PM me if that is possible.
[email protected]
You are awesome, thank you for all your help, would appreciate you looking this up for me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts