Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first time my car has shown and signs of trouble. As I walked out to my car today, I hit the auto start on my keyfob, and then just as the car started it stalled. I tried to unlock my doors but it was as if the key was dead. After I got into my car and tried to start it the gauges went crazy, wipers came on but then everything died. Got a jump and even when I pulled the cables off, the car started to almost die, but I gave it a little gas and she stayed running. I got home about 10 miles away, went to pull into my drive way and it seemed like it was about to die. I parked, turned off the car and tried to start it again, and to no avail. Am I looking at a dead battery or does it sound more like the alternator? Anyone else had issues? I now have 6 hours to figure it out before I have to be at work... Hope someone can help....

·
Registered
138 Posts
Can you share the particulars of your car? Year, model, engine, etc?

It could be various things. The first thing that I would do is make sure that you have a good charge on your battery and all of the connections are tight. A loose connection on your battery can be the source of some pretty crazy situations.

You might also want to consider a load test of the battery. This will actually tell you if the battery will take and hold a charge, and possible if you have any "dead cells".

If all of the above checks out, then it could possibly be the alternator, but I doubt it.

good luck, and be sure to let us know what the cause and fix were

Exco

1 - 2 of 2 Posts