Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'13 Dart Limited 2.0

Battery, Temperature and Oil pressure warning when extremely cold has come on twice since we bought the Dart. Last year when my wife was driving the car these lights came on when she was in heavy highway traffic. She called me. The car was running fine but the warning lights rotated on. I did not want her to stop on the highway in the extreme weather so she drove it until she could get off the highway safely and shut it down. I found it hard to believe that the problems were more than an electrical problem because I doubt all these systems would fail at once and the car would continue to run fine. When she started back up the warnings were off. When we took it to the dealer a couple days later they could find nothing but it was not extremely cold then.

This morning we remote started the car before going out to do some errands. It was 7 degrees here in Baltimore. When we went to leave the driveway it does the same thing. Running though the systems menu it showed that the engine temp and oil temp were in the normal range. I could not find oil pressure or battery voltage in the system menu. I had to drive around the block to get it back home. Again as before it was running fine. Shut it off and started it a couple minutes later with no warnings. It drove fine all day.

Another reason I believe it is an electrical gremlin and not actually system failure is because I had a similar issue on my '04 Durango several years ago but it did it no matter how warm or cold it was.

Has anyone else had an issue like this?

·
Registered
138 Posts
You do have a strange one there.

I would take it back to the dealership. It's probably some sort of hiccup with one of the modules (your guess is as good as mine which one). Remind them that this is the second time that you've brought it in for the same issue, and that you want it fixed.

Good luck

Exco

1 - 2 of 2 Posts