Dodge Dart Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might be a dumb question but can someone please explain the difference in the darts 1.4 multi air turbo vs the 2.4 multi air engine. Which is better?

·
Registered
30 Posts
the 1.4 is a turbo and the 2.4 is a n/a motor. the 1.4 is a bit laggy being it is a turboed engine. I can not say anything for the 2.4 however.

-WR

·
Registered
73 Posts
the 2.4 has the same if not more pep than the 1.4 without the lag
source, me having driven both

·
Registered
284 Posts
neither is really a better engine. its basically about what you want in your car? are you gonna try to race it or just drive for gas?

i have tested both the 1.4 and the 2.4 and i left the lost with a GT.

the 1.4 has a lot of after market available and currently the the quicker of the engines.(maxed out with all bolt ons andtune still slower then a stock SRT4 Neon.

the 2.4 has little love from vendors but now that it is out and the failing of Chrysler releasing the Scat packs or anything regarding performance, the 2.4 will most likely be the top dog with a turbo set up and some more support.

then i have heard whispers of the 2.0 hurricane coming soon to a 2015 near you. sooo never know.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have read rumors about trying to shoehorn the pentastar under the hood ... could not imagine trying to service that...but it would be a screamer...lol.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have read rumors about trying to shoehorn the pentastar under the hood ... could not imagine trying to service that...but it would be a screamer...lol.
id not be worried about that rumor. be more interested in the possible 2.0 Hurricane being delivered(basically the Hyundai and Kai 2.0 turbo) 270hp probly bumped up a bit.

also the new 9 speed transmission for the 2015,lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts