Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a Dart commercial recently that blind spot monitoring and WIFI are available options. All the looking we did I never saw those options. Does anyone have either of these?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Not sure on the blind spot monitoring. The brochure shows a cross traffic sensor in the rear fenders for like backing out into traffic. Don't remember what package or trim level you could get it with. I have the backup cammera but not the cross traffic sensors on my SXT. The WIFI is a purchased subscription through the Uconnect. Set up a personal account on the Moparownerconnect.com page which registers your car for updates and service notices and there is a link for all that is Uconnect. Hope this helps. Enjoy your ride!

·
Registered
36 Posts
My 2013 Dodge Dart Limited Edition has blind spot monitoring. If a car gets in my blind spot, left or right, a beeper keeps sounding and a light on the outside mirror facing the car flashes.

The same happens if another car tail gates me. A loud beeper flashes and my tail lights flash to notify the other driver.

·
Registered
193 Posts
My 2013 Dodge Dart Limited Edition has blind spot monitoring. If a car gets in my blind spot, left or right, a beeper keeps sounding and a light on the outside mirror facing the car flashes.

The same happens if another car tail gates me. A loud beeper flashes and my tail lights flash to notify the other driver.
:confused: that seems rather unsafe. haven't seen any of the commercials but I would be surprised if that were the case, and even more surprised if there was not an option to disable it.
It is the other driver's responsibility to maintain a safe following distance, not to depend on flashing lights from the car ahead.
Loud beepers and flashing lights could startle some operators.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Tailgating defense

:confused: that seems rather unsafe. haven't seen any of the commercials but I would be surprised if that were the case, and even more surprised if there was not an option to disable it.
It is the other driver's responsibility to maintain a safe following distance, not to depend on flashing lights from the car ahead.
Loud beepers and flashing lights could startle some operators.
None of my other cars over the past 50 years had this defense and several times tailgating cars crashed into my rear bumper. After a few of those incidents I started using the 4 way flasher if they got too close and flagged nearby cops to ticket the offenders. Since then, I have had no incidents.

The 2013 Dodge Dart does this automatically for the rear lights and adds the beeper. Many times, as I slow for turns, other cars get too close and then back off when they get the signal. My problem is I always drive at the speed limit and do stop for stop signs and red lights. Other drivers seem to be concerned at being in a rush or are taking drugs or alcohol. Defensive drivers need the help and the new cars provide it.

It is possible that it could be turned off somewhere in the settings but I intend to leave it on all the time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts