Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone else has experienced noise from their blower motor or if it's something I should get checked out. It happens when I have the setting for the fan above 3 it seems . It's not really loud but definitely noticeable almost like I'm in too low of a gear and hearing the engine/ exhaust is about the only thing I can compare it to. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I haven't noticed anything like this, but if your car is still under warrenty, I'd take it in for a quick see, can't hurt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I may just do that. Today I was trying to get it to do it and it was quiet as ever so must be it's going to be one of those things that happens when it feels like it. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Maybe you had a leaf or something stuck in a vent? It's a thought.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anything is possible at this point. I kept quiet about it for awhile but after it happened a few times I spoke up just to see if it was a normal thing but like anything else as soon as I say something it quit. Thank you for the replies again.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Not sure what kind of noise your talking about, but when I turn up the blower on mine it is loud almost like a hand drier in a rest room , I just turn it down to about 3 and it is good .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Blower Motor Noise

Yes today when driving to work in Michigan the blower started to make a loud rumbling noise. From past experience I am sure it is just the beginning of an eventual blower assembly replacement. My experience was with older used vehicles and the problem was the squirrel cage blower motor bearings on the motor failing. I will assume that it was the cold that caused the out of balance.
Yes turning down the speed of the blower will reduce the noise, but will not correct the problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts