Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just curious what everyone has seen for boost, I got a 2013 dodge dart ralley with 1.4 M6 w/hot cold piping and intake and I have seen 25psi.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same set up as you, with the Injen Intake and hot and cold pipes. I have an app on my phone called EngineLink, and a wireless OBD2 connector, so I'm assuming my readings are pretty accurate because they're coming right from the onboard computer. Before I modded the car I was peaking at 18 PSI and and running a steady 15 PSI. After I did the intake and stuff I've peaked as high as 22 PSI and run a steady 18. Do you, or anyone else know how much boost these motors can actually handle with the factory internals? I've been looking and I can't find an answer to that question anywhere. It's honestly a little scary, because 22 PSI is a LOT of boost!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have the same set up as you, with the Injen Intake and hot and cold pipes. I have an app on my phone called EngineLink, and a wireless OBD2 connector, so I'm assuming my readings are pretty accurate because they're coming right from the onboard computer. Before I modded the car I was peaking at 18 PSI and and running a steady 15 PSI. After I did the intake and stuff I've peaked as high as 22 PSI and run a steady 18. Do you, or anyone else know how much boost these motors can actually handle with the factory internals? I've been looking and I can't find an answer to that question anywhere. It's honestly a little scary, because 22 PSI is a LOT of boost!
Where did you find the App and Connector for your Boost levels? FYI, I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone, if that makes a difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts