Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Has anyone personally seen what the carbon fiber trunk looks like on the dart? I have seen some pictures of just the trunk uninstalled and it looks pretty sweet, was wondering if anyone has actually laid their eyes on a real one. What do you guys think of it, would it look dumb? (pairing it with a carbon fiber hood later down the road of course) :D

· Registered
147 Posts
Personally, I think that the trunk looks pretty sharp in the pictures. I haven't seen one on a car yet either. You may be able to request a picture from XLevel in the Supported Vendors section of the Forum. They offer the VIS Carbon Fiber hood/trunks on their websites. If anyone has a picture of one installed on their vehicle, I'd guess them. I'm still a ways off from getting anything Carbon Fiber since the hood I'd like isn't in production yet... Lol
Let me know how it looks as well :]

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only carbon fiber hood that appeals to me is the one that had the scoop on it (the name is escaping me but I think it was on a rallye or LT they released, if I just google carbon fiber hood for our darts i can spot them here and there.) Not really interested in the plain hood. I'll probably get the trunk first, it is cheaper. I cannot wait to get it once I am done being deployed!

· Registered
147 Posts
The Hood you're thinking of is the GTS hood. That's the one I would like as well. I read on another forum that Mopar isn't planning on releasing it until December of this year at the earliest though. Good chance for the Aftermarket boys to get ahead of the game.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's it! The GTS hood looks so much better with the hood scoop included versus a plain CF hood. I am currently deployed so all I have is time to wait for them to release the GTS hood. However I have been looking at the 3M carbon fiber vinyl..... wrapping the hood seems easy enough but the trunk and side mirrors are a whole nother ball game, of which I would not be confident at all to try haha. I see mixed review for wrapping. Nothing beats true CF imo. It's just so damn pricey!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.