Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided I didn't like the gloss black bezel so I ripped it out of the dash and wrapped it with some nice CF vinyl I found on Amazon. I learned that vinyl is really HARD to get perfect. :confused: Especially with all the curves on our Dart's Bezel.

I'll get some installed pics tonight or tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
Looks good man!!!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Ohhhh man I got to do that to mine!!! I hate the fingerprints and dust all around the 8.4 display.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
768 Posts
That looks sweet. Nice job!!!

·
Registered
269 Posts
TIP:

When applying Vinyl use a heat gun on low and far away..

And you wont get bubbles... that's how they wrap CARS...

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This CF vinyl ended being a total FAIL. I just didn't install it very well (1st timer) too many wrinkles and air bubbles. Soo off came the vinyl and I dipped it white/black with glossifier to match the exterior, win!

Attachments

·
Registered
768 Posts
Yes you did!! Wish the CF would have worked out for you but I bet the white contrasts nicely with your interior. Post a pic when you get it installed.
I'm thinking I still might try the CF myself.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oops sorry, installed pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
Shifter cover and color looks wicked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Shifter cover and color looks wicked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks bro, it was soooo easy too! Thanks to Lowes now carrying white PD too didn't have to wait on an online order! :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
I decided I didn't like the gloss black bezel so I ripped it out of the dash and wrapped it with some nice CF vinyl I found on Amazon. I learned that vinyl is really HARD to get perfect. :confused: Especially with all the curves on our Dart's Bezel.

I'll get some installed pics tonight or tomorrow.

Just curious did you buy the 3M NiDoc CF vinyl or another brand? I have been researching CF vinyl for a little while now and wondered what you used. Also, 3M was showing some edge sealant that came in a tube almost like and it was supposed to help your vinyl stick and not bubble up or start to unbond from the original piece. Just curious if you used that as well. Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts