Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having issues/ being annoyed at how easily the center console will slide forward?

Anyone figured out how to increase the drag, and/ or make it a little harder to slide?

I have considered putting a piece of sticky backed velcro on the surface of the exposed area when it's slid forward, but I'm concerned about the glue melting, and the piece getting wedge/ stuck inside the sliding mechanism.

anyone have any ideas?

Exco

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, not really answering your question but on that topic, my 2014 Aero, the center console does not slide forward. Plus I read about a storage space under the front passenger seat....I don't have that either. Is this because of the year or the model (1.4l turbo Aero) ?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my 2014 Aero, the center console does not slide forward. Plus I read about a storage space under the front passenger seat....I don't have that either. Is this because of the year or the model (1.4l turbo Aero) ?

I would guess that the sliding console is probably part of some package. I've got the GT, so I have most of the gizmos and whirligigs...

As for the storage under the front seat, my son (who at 15 seems to think he's the world's expert on all things automotive) says that it was removed after the first year due to bad people using the spot for drug smuggling and such... it seems when there was someone sitting in the seat, the LEOs didn't know to look there.... I don't know if it's true or not, but that is what he says he read somewhere.

Exco

·
Registered
768 Posts
I run with my armrest forward all the time. It does slide really easy but it has what I would call detentes at both positions. They probably could do a better job of holding the armrest in that spot. I don't think it was intended to be adjustable. It is either or, forward or back not in between.

·
Registered
85 Posts
yep mine also slides forward easily, not sure if there is a fix for it , mine is going in for a oil change and have lifetime warranty , will see if crying to dealer will do anything, or maybe they have a fix...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts