Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i've done a lot of searching noticing there are a decent amount of problems with the darts throwing codes.

My problem is, picked up my car 23 ish miles on it and from the dearlership it already had the check engine light on. The dealer ship said it was because they had to jump it. well took it in yesterday and they hooked it up to their scan tool and no codes popped up. The tech tried to clear them anyways but the light never shut off. Now we have an appt Monday.

Has any one else had this problem and is there a way to read the codes in the HUD and clear them? My corvette is o13 years old and I can look up and clear codes individually or as a whole on demand.

Thanks for the advice in advance!

·
Registered
768 Posts
I was hoping someone would pipe in on this. Call me a Dumbass cause I left my gas cap off last time I filled up and since the cap is part of the emissions system I got a check engine light. I screwed the cap in but still have the light. I thought the light would clear after 20 key strokes or something like that if the problem was no longer detected.
It would be nice if there is a way to clear the code and light myself like your old vette. I know you can clear the oil change light. I'm due for 15K oil service this friday so if I can't clear it by then I guess I will have to admit to the service guy that I'm a dumbass and left my gas cap off.
I hope you can get your issue resolved.

·
Administrator
1,263 Posts
Most parts houses will scan your car for free. You could get what the code is from them and have them clear it to see if it comes back.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Mine cleared on its own. I knew the gas cap or emissions error would clear itself once I screwed the cap on. Just didn't know how many keys it would take. Would be nice if there was a sequence to clear our own if we wanted. Waiting to here how QDART appointment went monday? Did they resolve the issue?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts