Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had an issue with the clutch peddle sinking to tne floor when they first start it up in the morning. My will do this ever so often. Seems to do it more when its hot out.

·
Registered
768 Posts
If I understand what you are saying, you have the clutch depressed to the floor when you start the car but after it starts and you let the clutch pedal out to idle in neutral it starts sinking back towards the floor on its own? Do you have to pull the clutch pedal up with your foot? Does it come back up on its own?
The clutch is hydraulic like brakes so you could have a problem with the master or slave cylinder piston seal not seating properly.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It comes back up by itself. I took it to the dealership but tbey can't duplicate it so they cant do anything about it

·
Registered
768 Posts
That is so bizaar. I know there is a spring on the pedal arm so it shouldn't be sinking to the floor in the first place unless maybe the spring is missing or popped off. Mine is an auto so can't look at it to see if maybe I could help. Hope you figure it out or someone with knowledge pipes in for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
same exact problem is happening to mine..thinking its from the master or slave like said above..i had to start pumping mine for it to start building up pressure

·
Registered
69 Posts
Mine does this too. I wouldn't call it sinking so much as just not able to build any pressure on startup. Push the clutch in to start the car, but lifting your foot..it stays down. Won't go into gear either when this happens like the clutch isn't fully disengaged. Definitely a hydraulic issue between clutch master and slave cylinders.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts