Dodge Dart Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
Before I hit the dealership for service, I wanted to see if anyone else on here has experienced the same issue. I have a 2013 Limited with NAV. When I am driving with the map displayed and I come to a complete stop then turn right or left, the GPS will show me turning the opposite direction and following that road for about 5-10 seconds then the display spins around and corrects itself. This pretty much happens every time I make a turn from a stop. If I make a turn while driving at speeds above 5mph, it tracks my turns perfectly everytime.

I read somewhere (manual probably) that the Nav uses an external compass to be able to navigate even when you are out of GPS satellite link (such as a parking garage or long tunnel). I think that my compass may be installed upside-down in my car, that would explain it. My theory is that the compass input is trusted but once the car has travelled far enough (in the new direction) to get a good GPS track on the new direction it fixes itself.

Am I the only one?
-Chuck

·
Registered
768 Posts
Do you live south of the equater? You know everything is backwards down there, even the toilets spin the other direction.:D Sounds like a good thought with the compus upside down or just the +- wires reversed. Haven't head of anyone else with this problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts