Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I’m new to the dart forum, I’ve got a dart of my own but I’m actually here on behalf of my mother. She owns a 13 limited 1.4t 6spd manual it’s got 108k. She has owned the car since January and has been chasing a consistent issue. I’ve done plenty to my dart and these issues even have me scratching my head. The car HATES hills. Absolutely hates them. The car will drive perfectly fine, goes through all the gears with no problems. As soon as she gets ready to climb a hill, no matter what her speed is, the car bucks pretty hard and starts loosing speed. She tries to downshift, RPM’s respond but the car still goes no where. Even if the accelerator pedal is clear to the floor. The car does not gain any speed. She has to pull over and shut her car off in order for the issue to stop. But as soon as she tries to climb another hill the problem comes right back. She can drive it on flat ground and it’s perfectly fine, car will do 65 no problem. I’ve had quite a few people tell me it’s just turbo lag but I can definitely reassure that’s not the problem. This thing is basically killing the power and acts like it’s in limp mode. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
14 Dodge dart sxt 2.4
7 Posts
Step 1 always start with the basics, everything underhood look fine? ( nothing out of normal)
Step 2 any check engine lights? I would do a full scan of all the modules regardless.
Step 3 put ur hand by exhaust when running. Good flow coming out?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts