Dodge Dart Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to get a Dart soon, and went to test drive one yesterday. I took my usb cable for my iPhone 5 with me just to check out how that works, as I always listen to songs on it while driving.

I didn't notice till I got back to my car that when I plugged the iPhone in my playlist was reset apparently, and shuffle was turned off. Not sure why this occurred but I'm hoping that's not something that will happen every time you connect. I don't want to have my playlist resetting every time I plug the phone into the car.

I suppose if this will continue to occur I can load the songs to the car, or try connecting via bluetooth, though I'm wondering if it will keep the playlist between drives.

If nobody knows, I'll be looking at another one in the next couple days to see how the sun roof affects headroom, and I'll be trying the phone again then anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was able to check today and it does indeed reset the playlist whenever you connect via usb. This means that that is not an option whatsoever for me.

It seems that I will either have to play songs via bluetooth which doesn't show the song name on the touchscreen, or load the songs to the car.

Very disappointing.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I play my songs off a USB drive sorted in folders each representing a year of acquisition. the UConnect screen displays all song information. I use shuffle on and can also use "Play the Song.............." and the selected song will play.

I notice, when I "Change Source........." to Bluetooth (my cell phone music) or Disc the song information is not displayed for the cell phone but is displayed for the disc. However, the car only catalogs the songs for individual selection from the USB drive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts