Dodge Dart Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Figured I would start another thread in lonely 2.4 land. Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone's brand new Dart 2.4 has leaking antifreeze smell when it is at operating temperature? It is noticeable right in front of the grille. I'm hoping it will just burn off new engine coatings but I don't know:confused:.

On edit> I guess this should be moved to the "problems" section because this is certainly not a MOD. Sorry.

·
Registered
284 Posts
mine smells like it but it is a new car, soooo idk. i figure give it some time it may just be overflow from dealership filling it up and the temp making it overflow into the small container?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I put the car up on ramps so i could check out the bottom better. There is dried pink anti freeze on the under engine aero cover, streaming back to the black material. In front of the engine I found a lot of dried pink anti freeze that could have come from a sensor mounted high to the left on front of the block. That and a touch of dried pink AF on the inner hose (probably the heater hose). I sent pics of the areas with dried AF and the 2 spots on my new driveway. They were nice enough for me to get it right in but I can't go until Saturday. At least its not pouring out but there was quite a bit. I don't know why I couldn't see it yesterday, though.

Here are a couple of pics:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Steve that does not look good. Please post what the dealer finds upon examining your car. Hopefully only a minor issue!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I took the car for a run today. It looks like that sensor is the culprit. When the pressure builds up I think it sprites out a little AF. I saw a tiny wet spot on it when I stopped for gas. It was dry by the time I got home. We'll see how it goes Saturday.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for posting and yes please let us know what the dealer says. I'm taking a trip in my new 2014 2.4 today, I'll keep my nose alert.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just got out of Bald Hill Dodge. They replaced the hose clamp on the inner heater hose. They also fixed the gas door. There is a TSB on it. I will check the paper work to see if they put the number. If so I will post it in the TSB section.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts