Dodge Dart Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my 2014 dart w rally package end of Feb. Stick. No problems for few thousand miles. Really loved the car. Getting great milage. Beginning of April on I84 approaching exit at 65mp tapped brakes to take the car off cruise control. Car did not respond. Took both feet put one on clutch and one on brake going into U shaped exit. Car did not respond. I lost control on the exit going sideways through the reflectors and then backwards- across opposing on ramp to interstate, ending up crashing into the barrier. Extensive damage to vehical on 3 sides. Airbags did not deploy. Car had to be towed. Car is still in the shop just finishing body repairs (over 30 days without vehical) Dodge has not yet done inspection. Still waiting for outcome of inspection to figure out the failure.

·
Registered
768 Posts
That is scarry. I hope you are OK. Did the brakes not work at all? Pushing the clutch in certainly prevented the criuse control from trying to accelerate the car. Hopefully they will be able to deturman the cause and get it fixed for you. I don't think putting wings back on a plane after it crashed would make me feel good about flying it again even if they did figure out what happened. The fear would still be there. Good luck. Keep us informed on what happens please.

·
Registered
76 Posts
No doubt, keep us informed!! I have the same vehicle you do.... and I do a lot of highway driving. Maybe it was an issue with cruise control that wouldn't allow the brakes to engage?

Glad you are ok though! Sorry for the car... and the amount of time without it...

·
Registered
85 Posts
I would file a report to NHTSA. maybe others with that same problem have reported this. If they get enough of them,could force a recall. Anytime a car causes loss of control is not good. Please Let us know what if anything the dealer says on this.

·
Banned
106 Posts
First and foremost, I'm glad you weren't injured. I have a 2013 Dart SE, I don't have cruise control or a lot of the other amenities that the car was supposed to come with, and I've had a lot of nuisance problems. I hope Chrysler steps up to the plate and makes good on this for you. Personally, if they don't wrap this up soon, I would hire a private attorney and sue the living hell out of them, not class action suit, on your own. The problems with this automobile are far reaching and across the board in both 2013 and 2014. I have done an unscientific poll of Dart owners I have come into contact with. There are a lot of Darts around here. I have talked to 10 other owners and dissatisfaction is at 90% and all said they are sorry they bought the car, wish they could get what they owed on it in a trade for another brand, and that THEY WILL NEVER BUY DODGE OR CHYSLER BRAND AGAIN

1 - 5 of 5 Posts