Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have now had my 2013 Dart in the shop 4 times for a cylinder #4 misfire. So far, the error was reset, the engine control module was replaced and all plugs have been replaced twice. So far, I have had the car for 6 months and have 6200 miles on it. Today, the car was overheating and the technician suspects there may be a leak in this cylinder, causing the plug to misfire. Has anyone had issues with a constant cylinder misfire, always related to the same misfire?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just dropped mine off at the dealer for the same problem as above. The check engine light came on at 9,200 miles, and it suddenly started running very poorly. Fortunately, I was about a mile from the dealer where I purchased the vehicle, and the service department was still open for the day. They performed a quick check of my Dart and said that cylinder number 4 was misfiring. After replacing that particular spark plug and spark plug wire, they took it for a test drive and said it was ready to go. However, the same problem occurred less than one mile down the road after I left the dealership. I don't know what's going on, but the car is practically brand new. I had the oil changed just past the 5,000-mile mark, and I'm planning on having it changed again at the 10,000-mile mark, which is just 800 miles away.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm having the same problem

I'm having the same problem. every time I drive for a long period of time and turn off the car and then start it up again Cylinder #4 Misfires. If I let it cool down it runs fine. So I took it in to the dealership and they can't figure out what wrong. :mad: It the 1.4 and i got over 12500 miles on it
HELP!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
i got the 2.0 back in january. i had a cylinder 4 missfire at 800 miles. now, at 15,500 i'm having the same problem! this is obviously a problem with a lot of these cars, does anyone know what it is yet?

·
Registered
768 Posts
I'm late to the conversation but not sure I understand. Does the car say there is a #4 cylinder missfire like a trouble code on the dash? I have heard the 1.4 guys have trouble but the 2.0 has seemed to be pretty reliable. I believe my 2.0 is running correctly but want to be sure I am understanding. Obviously I would notice if my car started running ruff but does it display a trouble code? Does the dash light up with the words #4 cylinder missfire?

·
Registered
3 Posts
miss fire

I have the same problem with my 1.4 turbo with cylinder 4 miss fire. the problem ended up being the PCM was bad in my car causing the plugs to foul out. After having the dealer replace it i have not had a problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been searching for other people having engine issues with their Dart. I posted here because it sounds similar to my issue with the CEL. I bought a Dart with a 2.0L Tigershark on 12/30/13 Mine is currently in the dealer for what I was told was a misfire code CEL. CEL came on after about 1100 miles and they replaced the PCM. About 4 days later it came on again. My car has been at dealer for 14 days since and they have removed the engine because they initially thought it had a possible bent rod causing scoring in the block. After removing the block they found there was no damage. Then I was told there was an issue with the cylinder head and they are going to replace that. Parts are on order. They feel confident this will fix the issue. It remains to be seen. Obviously time will tell. Frustrating.

I am in a loaner car and the dealer has been communicating each day. Just wish this all could have been avoided. Bought the car brand new to have piece of mind and reliability. Not to be in the repair shop.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Prior to first CEL the car was acting like it wanted to stall and had kind of a low idle. After the PCM was replaced it seemed to help with the low idle. Then after a few days the car ran really hesitant at idle one time very badly when I was pulling in to parents garage to put air in tires. Then occasionally at idle after that. CEL came on after about 6 starts. When it ran really rough there it was kind of crazy. Concerning for a brand new car to have these issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No codes

I have a 2013 Dart GT. I bought it new this past February. Since then it has been in the shop 5 times. 1 time for brake failure. 4 time for what seems to be a misfire. I have never had a light come on and they never find any codes. The first 2 times in the shop for the misfire they said they could not reproduce it. So on my 3rd visit I had a mechanic ride with me and he felt the misfire right away. They determined it was a bad coil on cylinder 3 and replaced it. Less than a week later I took it back for the misfire again. This time they said it was a bad coil on cylinder 1 and replaced it. I picked up the car today and it still has a misfire but no codes.
I'm ready to go at them with the lemon law. 5 trip to the dealer in less than owning it for 2 months and still don't run right. only turned 2000 miles on it.:mad:

·
Registered
2 Posts
YES THERES A PROBLEM!

I have finished my lemon law claim and was granted.

I can't provide a solution to everyone's misfire claim, but i will share what happened to mine.

I had a CEL aka engine light code for a misfire. I forget what cyl # sorry folks.

I swapped coil packs to determine if it was a coil or a plug.
same CEL remained after i cleared the code.

I pulled the plug and found the bottom half of the spark plug had melted off!
This piece of metal had gone through the engine bending valves and out through the turbo.

I think the problem with this car is manufacturer defect.
it seems they didn't do diligence when testing the reliability of the engine.

I've read many receiving replacement ecu's but i have not received this.
i did receive the transmission update, but i think it made shifting worse. it seems to stumble and sounds like a misfire when it shifts gears.

I think its time to sell.
Anyone want to buy a 2013 dodge dart limited grey with black interior 64000 miles. best offer!!! PA DE NJ

OH, and remember lemon law claims must be filed in certain amount of time.
http://www.lemonlaw.com/wordpress/dodge-dart-problem/

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cylinder #1 misfire

I have a 2014 Dodge dart and I have taken it to the dealership 11 TIMES for cylinder misfire #1. I have called Chrysler Canada and demanded them buy my vehicle back and they advised that they do not do that. They have put $4700 worth of new parts in my vehicle and paid a rental for me for well over $1200 The Canadian engineer could not figure out what was wrong with my car he had to call two or three American engineers to work on my vehicle to see what was wrong.
I have also called the abbreviation plan company Who is basically like the lemon law for Canada. And they advised that they cannot do anything unless the check engine light is on and I have the car in my possession.
When I finally got my car back I was driving it late in the afternoon one day and the check engine light was blinking five or six times and then turned off and when I took it to the dealership no codes were stored so they couldn't do anything
Chrysler Canada said this I the worst dodge dart they have ever had to deal with and there was another one in the states who was having similar issues.
I have next week off so I will be going into the dealership in speaking with the manager of the dealership to see what he can do to help me.
I was in love with my Dodge dart when I first got it and now I don't even want to deal with it.
It's sad....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts