Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally pulled the trigger and got rid of two V-8 Hemi cars. I had a 2009 Charger RT (with R/T package) and a 2012 Challenger RT Classic. I was tired of spending over $700 per month to drive to work (that was just for gas and did not include the monthly payments). My new ride is a 2014 Black Dart GT (manual 6 spd) and wife chose 2014 Grey Hyundai Elantra. Both cars boast better than 30 miles per gallon. Total cost savings per month should be around $600... that can go into mods for the Dart >:) I look forward to reading about the customization everyone is doing to their cars.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Welcome from the PNW aka WA. WOW you traded a couple sweet cars. That had to be tuff. Congrats on the new rides though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome. Yes, it was a hard choice, but it plays into a much greater plan. Setting myself for the Hellcat for 2016 or 2017. Planning to retire from the Navy next summer and start a second career. After some settling, gonna make the jump to Dodge's Bad Cat!!

·
Administrator
1,263 Posts
Welcome to the Z from NC! Hate to see the Challenger go but if you get the Hellcat it'll be worth it. Glad you joined, enjoy the site!

·
Registered
284 Posts
welcome to the site. congrats on the new cars.

got some new stuff coming out from RRM for the GT. they have a header in the works. the best CAI is the injen 2.0 CAI. the 2.4 version is sloppy and a waste of money. you can make the same thing with spectre for way less. but the 2.0 injen has to be custom fit to your head.
this is similar to the injen version for the 2.4 and it is lacking.

then i had some problems with that and got the injen 2.0L version.

this is what i ment by having to custom my brackets. the red bushing is an energy suspension bushing to replace the squishy things from injen.

i know you cant see it from the pic, but she has an RRM LW pulley and i have Heart Throb 2.25 inch exhaust kit.

so we do have some bolt ons available for the dart. and more to come soon. not gonna be as fast as the challenger and charger but im sure you will have fun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts