Dodge Dart Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my 2013 Dart 1.4 dry clutch automatic in for the 2nd recall before the first of the year. The dealership also said they did a update on it. It has not shifted like it had before recall. Then the other day I was leaving for work it was about 27 degrees that morning. I let it warm up just a couple of minutes. I pulled out of the drive way went about a quarter mile to stop sign came to complete stop. As I tried to step on gas the tranmission would not engage and engine just reved up real high. I thought I was not in drive so went to neutral back to drive did same thing. Went to park back to drive it was back to normal. It has not done it since. To top that off I was cleaning it last weekend and noticed the drivers seat has a stich on the back has started to split about 2 inches long. so back to dealership for the 3rd time in a year because of recalls and problems.

·
Registered
73 Posts
the issue you had with it not shifting the same is because the update would have erased the cars "memory" of your driving habits, so it will feel different
as for the slipping on start up, i have noticed in a lot of newer chrysler vehicles that if the trans is not at a decent temperature, they dont like to catch right away, this is regardless of what trans it is.

as for the seat, i am not going to defend chrysler on this one, they seem to have quality issues with seat covers in all of their vehicles.

sorry for the long response, but you had quite the lengthy post there lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a minor shifting problem with my Rallye. It would short shift and not recover well. Took it in for an oil change and they reflashed and reprogrammed the computer and it is fine now, and a lot more fun to drive. He said it was a recall and an update. Progress!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I feel like I am letting the forum down. Four months in and zero issues with our Dart GT. Our son still loves it and could not be happier. Ready for winter to be over so we can detail it for spring!

·
Registered
193 Posts
only issue we have had so far was the cold weather start that was fixed with an update from the dealer.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Mine did something weird the other day, running down the expressway level ground with the cruze on and the tranny downshifted down to 5th gear and it stayed there until I tapped the brake disengaging the cruze. Why it did it who knows ,never done it before.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Mine did something weird the other day, running down the expressway level ground with the cruze on and the tranny downshifted down to 5th gear and it stayed there until I tapped the brake disengaging the cruze. Why it did it who knows ,never done it before.
The criuze control will downshift if it detects your going faster than the selected speed. Say if you start going down hill and the car starts speeding up it downshifts as a way to control the speed. Don't know about level ground. Do you recall seing your speed, if it was higher than what you set the criuze to when it downshifted?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ive had a few problems with mine. Had it since october 2012. When i set the cruise it would rev high on a straight away, motor was running real rough, and my battery light was coming on. Oh and something was replaced on my passenger window. Was having a problem with the windshield when it rained it would leave a smear mark in my line of view. I complained about it, all they did was replace the wiper once for free. Come to find out it was my windshield, i had to have it replaced cuz it cracked for no reason over the winter. And the other problems were all updating and reprogramming problems. Go figure.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Ive had a few problems with mine. Had it since october 2012. When i set the cruise it would rev high on a straight away, motor was running real rough, and my battery light was coming on. Oh and something was replaced on my passenger window. Was having a problem with the windshield when it rained it would leave a smear mark in my line of view. I complained about it, all they did was replace the wiper once for free. Come to find out it was my windshield, i had to have it replaced cuz it cracked for no reason over the winter. And the other problems were all updating and reprogramming problems. Go figure.
I have the same problem with the wiper leaving a smear as you call it right in my line of site. I am on my second wiper. I think the wiper arm puts to much pressure on the blade right in the middle. That is where it leaves the 2 inch streak across right at eye level. These new style unsuppoerted wiper blades can't handle the pressure right in the middle. The wiper blade is forced flat and can't squeegy like it should.

·
Registered
3 Posts
my tranny died on me at 600 miles:/ i was leaving work like normal, and seemed as though i just hit it in neutral. sadly that wasn't the case:( no forward at all but i remember i could back up but not vary great. had to call a flat bed and take it to the dealer.. apparently the clutches or something, the lead mechanic just said the way they were put in caused them to fail.

ha to top it off i had to take it back for a HORRID rattle and clanking one of the mechanics at the dealership striped a tranny mount. but that was a quick fix, just needed to overnight a new mount.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts