Dodge Dart Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question ... So im looking at my first mod for the Dart. Thinking intake, but not sure which to get. Injen has theirs with the "NO CEL" .. which is GREAT. now if you look up dartmadness they also have a intake. My question (if anyone has the intake by DartMadness) does this throw a CEL? Or will this intake also have no CEL?

Thanks

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have an injen cai and got no cel. You're not going to notice any power gain. Or power drop. Its definitely not an upgrade. Its more just to change the sound of the car. So id recommend just getting the cheapest open air intake.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have an injen cai and got no cel. You're not going to notice any power gain. Or power drop. Its definitely not an upgrade. Its more just to change the sound of the car. So id recommend just getting the cheapest open air intake.
thats why i am asking about the dartmadness. it is much cheaper then the injen. i know itakes arent much for power gains (unless u get tuned). just dont want to have to deal with a CEL ... they are a pain :mad: lol

·
Registered
177 Posts
ya they "claim" theres a power gain. but really do you feel it? NO. id stick with injen bro. its got all the proper hose inlets. spend the extra cash and get whats proper.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya they "claim" theres a power gain. but really do you feel it? NO. id stick with injen bro. its got all the proper hose inlets. spend the extra cash and get whats proper.
i noticed that about the hose inlets. why i was wondering about CEL's. I will probably end up going Injen to avoid as many complications as possable.

·
Registered
40 Posts
With the Madness intake you are removing one of the OEM plastic lines and subbing it with one of theirs. The Injen uses all OEM lines.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
With the Madness intake you are removing one of the OEM plastic lines and subbing it with one of theirs. The Injen uses all OEM lines.
Any pictures? and CEL, or no?

·
Registered
40 Posts
madness intake.jpg

madness line removed1.jpg

madness line removed2.jpg

madness line removed3.jpg

First 2 pics show the madness intake vs the injen.
The madness is more of a SRI while the injen can be installed as a SRI or CAI. I also highlighted the line that needs to be removed for the madness install. They replace the OEM plastic line with a rubber hose.
Another thing is the madness intake filter sits on top of the lower portion of the stock air ducting. It can be a bear to remove the lower ducting as you need to pull the passenger wheel and the wheel well liner needs to be partially removed in order to remove it as well as the upper radiator shroud. I had my wheel off for a whole 5 minutes to get the duct out. I have the injen, so I may be a little partial. Did I mention that I did mine in my garage with out jack stands or a lift? I only had it up for the wheel removal.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Injen has been around for a bit, they make good products that tend to be literally a bolt on with all factory equipment used. Madness knows Darts though and they make decent stuff as well. Me personally though I went with the Injen.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@Myfurf61 ... thanks dude! that was a huge help!!! my only thing in the price/power deal. Spending over 200$ for an itake i can get for like 160$ just seems crazy, ya know. Its not like a major upgrade or can cause much issue. But ill keep doing some research .. again thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts